Views: 21709 | This job was expired 1 year, 9 months ago
|Experience Required:||Not Required|
CONTRACT TYPE: Special Service Agreement
UNIT/OFFICE: Program for Immunization Preventable Disease
The World Health Organization (WHO), Nepal invites applications from qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Administrative and Finance Assistant at GS-4 level for our field office outside Kathmandu valley.
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Surveillance Medical Officer, as a full time Administrative and Finance Assistant. He/she will be responsible to carry out the following duties:
1. Draft correspondence, facsimile messages, memoranda and reports from oral instructions, previous correspondence, or other available information sources in accordance with standard of WHO & Office procedure and IPD.
2. Type correspondence, documents, statistical tables and reports from corrected copy or rough drafts using word processing equipment, review and correct capitalization, spelling, punctuation, and check enclosures and addresses; receive and distribute incoming mail and dispatch out going correspondence. In addition, the Administrative and Finance Assistant will check for complete information in these reports and advise the SMO where there are information omissions.
3. Maintain records of all supplies and equipment received and establish and maintain inventory cards in accordance with the administration and finance guidelines
4. Where requested by SMO, in an orientation near to the duty station and when not interfering with the sending of month end accounts, assist in providing logistic and administrative support to meeting and workshops. Including but not limited to: preparation and dispatch of invitations, booking of meeting rooms, payment of per diems, taking of attendance sheet, compilation and distribution of training materials/stationary, and arrangement for refreshments.
5. Maintain a systematic record of all expenses incurred at the regional office (including both AFP surveillance and SIA expenditure). Prepare cashbooks, accounts of statements of expenditures, bank accounts and reconciliation as per financial guidelines
6. Maintain records and organize timely payment of all bills in line with administration and financial guidelines.
7. Maintain records, sufficient limits and physical security of petty cash and chequebook, writing cheque when necessary according to financial guidelines
8. Procure and maintain records of all office supplies in line with administrative and financial guidelines.
9. Receive and, where advised by SMO, collect stool specimens. Properly label and dispatch to IPD as per directives from IPD and SMO. Inaddition, organize payment to the messenger bringing the stool specimen.
10. Maintain records of vehicle movement and all expenditure (fuel, repairing and maintenance) in line with administration and financial guidelines.
11. Maintain all personnel records in accordance with administration and financial guidelines.
12. Preparation and revision of annual budget in collaboration with SMO and IPD Finance team.
13. Using the annual budget, monthly expenditure and programme of activities monitor the activities of the regional office and communicate findings to the SMO and IPD Finance team.
14. Collect reports from different reporting units as necessary and as directed by SMO
15. Provide logistic and administration support, as requested by SMO, for all Supplementary Immunization Activities conducted jointly by NG and IPD.
16. Perform other duties as assigned with the objective of polio eradication.
Essentials: Completion of secondary school education or equivalent.
Salary: In accordance with UN Scales.
Interested candidates meeting above requirements should apply to the WHO Representative to Nepal, Attn: Administrative Officer, ATTN. IPD, P.O. Box No. 108, Pulchowk, Kathmandu, NOT LATER THAN 20 April 2016. Please submit a written application with your Personal History Form. The personal history form can be downloaded from website: http://www.who.int/. Mark your envelope and CV with the file of position applied for.
No telephone enquiries. Only short listed applicants will be contacted for test/interview etc. WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers.
TO APPLY: For this job, please follow the applying procedure.
Since inception in 2009, we have turned out to be number one jobs provider in Nepal with 100 million+ page views with 2.5 million+ progressive visits every month, created 150,000+ success stories and registered 350,000+ job seekers in our database. We have been offering 20,000+ employers promote their employer brands to jobseekers and advertise diverse opportunities to over a million candidates inside Nepal and abroad. Established as an inevitable bridge between the hiring employers and the job seekers, we are well-known as a national leader in recruitment solutions & career management in Nepal. Read more...
Min Bhawan Main Road
+977 1 4106700