Purpose: Smooth operation of the program as per the target and goal for the achievement
Indicators Of Success:
- Day to day smooth Operation & Admin/HR work
- Employee satisfaction and retention
- Help achieve goals for candidate and Manager satisfaction
- Creating positive brand image(Internal & External)
Areas Of Responsibility:
Participates in the development and implementation of business strategies which are aligned with Company's/Groups overall mission, vision values and strategies.
- Develops and implements human resource strategies that support achievement of the goals.
- Monitors status regularly and adjusts strategies as appropriate to our Mission & vision.
- Assists in the development the annual budget in conjunction with the Executive Committee
- Supports on-going compliance training and service brand behaviour by working with managers to develop and implement fresh approaches
- Effectively develop and manage the Human Resource department budget
Creates a work environment aligned with brand’s culture
- Conducts employee orientation, management and line employee training
- Coaches managers on effective ways to motivate employees, communicate performance expectations, manage employee performance and recognize exemplary service
- Counsel's managers and employees on effective ways to address and resolve employment related issues and grievances.
- Works with managers to develop their leadership skills through one-on-one coaching and formal training courses
- Encourages recognition of employee’s contribution by creating and implementing a groups recognition programs
Oversees administration of human resources and benefits issues and ensures adherence to employment related laws
- Keeps current on applicable human resources laws including discrimination, health and safety, privacy, etc.
- Oversees all union issues and participates in the negotiation of contracts as appropriate or works with management on union avoidance
- Maintains all employment records in accordance with the law
- Ensures Payroll and Benefits have required information for accurate and timely processing of employee information, as needed participate in local market research of benefits as appropriate.
- Work with Legal department to coordinate the company’s response to legal claims regarding the employment relationships
- Create, communicate and implement employee related policies and ensure that employees adhere to employment rules and regulations
- Create a safe environment for guests, employees and community by creating, communicating and implementing safety, loss prevention and business resiliency standards
Develops and implements strategies and practices which support employee engagement
- Take an active role in talent management by recruiting and developing talent necessary to achieve individual/Company's/brand goals and assisting management in selecting qualified candidates
- Communicates performance expectations and provides employees with on-going feedback
- Provides employees with coaching and counselling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their fullest potential
- Encourage employee professional development by exploring new roles in the Group/company's, and leading the talent management review
- Drives employee engagement through the creation, implementation and follow-up of departmental action plans
- Communicates and implements the vision for Yes I Can! service to employees
- Ensures that employees provide Yes I Can! genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
- Seeks opportunities to improve the customer experience by seeking customer feedback and reviewing management reports and developing strategies to improve department and hotel services
- Provides employees with the tools, training and environment they need to deliver Yes I Can! service and teamwork
Adheres to Company's policies and procedures
- Keep General Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position
- Maintains a favourable working relationship with all other company's/groups employees to foster and promote a co-operative and harmonious working environment
- At all times projects a favourable image of the company's/groups to the public
- Abide by all Brand rules and regulations
- Adhere to all Brand policies and procedures
- Actively support and promote Workplace Health and Safety within the work environment
- Perform any other reasonable duties as directed by the General Manager or his/her designate