We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the books of accounts of the company’s operations, having a deep understanding of financial reports, and ability to execute the job responsibilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the books of accounts for our overseas units in Nepal, Singapore, Malaysia, and India, and other agencies ensuring accurate recording, timely completion, and proper reporting.
- Prepare and present comprehensive reports to management on overseas accounts
- Manage, oversee, and execute company payments and remittances ensuring timely and accurate processing.
- Verify and review documentation ensuring compliance with company policies and regulations.
- Ensure timely closing of books of accounts and provide support to auditors during the audit and year-end closing processes.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders/ teams, including banks, tax departments, government offices, and other relevant parties, for day-to-day operations and account maintenance.
- Lead the unit ensuring all operations are performed in compliance and within the systematic procedures.
- Ensure proper documentation of all records.
- Formulate departmental plans and team utilization ensuring all the teammates work coordinately for goal achievement. Mentor team for performance enhancement.
- Develop and update departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs). and procedures layout for the unit.
- Report preparation and presentation.
- Perform additional tasks and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Job Skills Required:
- ACCA or Master’s Degree with 2 years of experience, or minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance, or a related field with 3 years of experience
- Proven two years of experience in accounting or finance roles, preferably in the shipping or logistics industry.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices, with the ability to ensure accurate financial recording and reporting.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in accounting software – Tally, MySQL, and MS Office applications.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills to identify and resolve discrepancies or issues.
- Knowledge of international accounting standards and regulations applicable to the shipping industry is a plus.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality when handling financial information.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn and stay updated with industry trends, changes in regulations, and emerging technologies in the accounting field.
What do we offer?
- An opportunity to work with innovative minds and overseas team
- International working exposure
- Social Security Benefits
- Festival Allowances and Different Leave Provisions
- Continuous learning and growing environments