The Hidden Treasure is looking for an assistant accountant who will also have reception duties. The candidate’s duties range from helping to prepare financial statements and accounts, budgeting, managing ledgers, processing invoices and preparing VAT returns. The candidate will provide whatever support is necessary to the management accountant and finance team. The role also includes serving visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notify company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system. The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree at a minimum.
- Production of profit and loss
- To complete and maintain sales invoices and reports
- Accruals & prepayments
- Preparation of the Accounts Pack for review
- Bank reconciliation, posting and balancing
- Weekly wages, petty cash and other journal posting
- Daily bank receipts postings
- Year budget preparation
- Year end audit analysis
- Set up new suppliers on accounting software
- Reports on debtors and creditors
- Quarterly VAT return preparation
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.