LOCATION: Mahottari (will look after Saptari & Sarlahi)
TERM: Fixed term till July 2018
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invested over 29 million US dollars in 2012 to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
The Project Coordinator - Education (REFAT) will be responsible for overall management of the education in emergencies response to the 2017 floods in, Saptari and Sarlahi. S/he will also provide technical assistance to partner NGOs and GOs, ensuring the high quality of implementation by maximizing the impact as per the country strategy and annual plans.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Lead in planning, budgeting, monitoring and supervision of education in emergency (EIE) program in accordance with the guidelines, framework, policies and country strategy paper in working districts.
- Ensure delivery of and quality of the program and budget spent on time and producing intended result.
- Ensure the minimum standard of EIE response developed by SC and MOE are followed in SC education programs.
- Assess the organizational development capacity of partners and support to develop capacity building plans.
- Support partners for their overall management (program and organizational) capacity building.
- Enhance linkages/networking among district /regional line agencies for policy advocacy and effective implementation of education and youth programs.
- Prepare quality reports as per the requirements. Document and disseminate lesson learnt, case study and innovative approach at district and regional levels.
- Provide technical supervision for the utilization of training through coaching, feedback and suggestion to maximize the impact.
Occasional Significant Duties:
- Represent SC within regional, national and international forum as per need.
- Work as a resource person with different external visitors.
- Participate in strategic planning process.
- Work as team member in an emergency situation.
- Arrange a periodic / weekly meeting with supervisor, team and write meeting minutes.
- Maintain the files and filing system in the central office of Education cluster
- Ensure the ingoing and outgoing mails, letters, couriers are correctly and timely functioning.
- Carry out other duties when required and requested by supervisor
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree or equivalent in Education/Humanities
or other related disciplines
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- At least 3 years (2 years for GSI group*) of
experience in managing Education project/programs in emergency preferably in
- Leadership & Management skills
- Experience in program designing
- Strong coordination and negotiation skills
- Advocacy & Lobbying skills
- Resource mobilization
- Reporting writing
- Analytical Skill
- Experience in training, coaching & mentoring
*GSI group include Female, Dalit, Madhesi, People with Disabilities and