Call for Consultancy Service: To conduct thematic researches on GBV in Public Space focusing on the public space of Elected Women Representatives, Access of Women to Public Resources, Public Space in Health Sectors
(Development of thematic research papers on the public space of elected women representatives, access of women to public resources and status of public space in health sectors and Media documentation)
- The status of public space of elected women representatives
- Women and girls access to and control over public resources
- Health sectors; safe and accessible public space for women and girls
Women's Rehabilitation Centre (WOREC) is a non-governmental organization working for the protection and promotion of human rights. Established in 1991, WOREC is one of the leading national organizations that works to prevent violence against women, its causes and consequences, and to ensure economic, social and cultural well-being of women as well as other marginalized groups by promoting their access to rights and social justice.
WOREC requires services of firm or individual for conducting research to develop the knowledge and fact on how women claim their public space? What needs to take to create safe public spaces and how safe public space is linked to bodily autonomy of women and girls? And how existing norms and practices are impacting on the women access to public space? How the role of service providers impact on creating the safe and accessible public space for women and girls?
The research anticipates to reflect the condition of public spaces for women and girls and develop the fact-based document to act as a tool for policy advocacy towards creation of safe public space and responding to GBV in public space. It is reckoned to strengthen of women rights activists, CBOs and local representatives with better information and greater knowledge to firming community response to the issues.
- To conduct three thematic research with their intersections on how elected women representatives claim their public space? Status of women and girl’s access to and control over public resources and how and in what condition public facilities are accessed by women and girls?
- To develop the knowledge and dig out the gap created by social normative thought and behaviour for accelerating the violence against women in public spaces.
- To develop the video; capturing the stories, on understanding of the safe public spaces, how women and girls claim their public spaces, trend of case reporting and service delivery.
Documents to be submitted
- Letter of interest detailing understanding of the task and highlighting experience and expertise in similar works;
- Financial proposal
- CVs of Lead Research, two competent researcher and other team members supporting the provision of the provision of the service
- List of previous and current clients detailing works carried out in the similar field.
- Companies providing services need to submit copy of all legal documents, and in case of individual consultant document ensuring their registration in VAT needs to be submitted.
For the detailed TOR, please CLICK HERE
Interested applicants should send the sealed proposal in WOREC reception desk (address given below) before 5th March 2021 along with all the required documents listed above.
Women’s Rehabilitation Centre
Ph: 01 5186073, 01 5186374