Location : Central Office
The Sustainable Livelihood Manger will be responsible for the organization’s engagement on livelihood generation and agriculture market systems development for all the projects having Sustainable Livelihood component, for the technical analysis of upcoming projects, to advise in the management of plans and program at the central level and in engagement with funding partners, provide technical advice and analysis for designing the new activities aimed at supporting poor households to realize their right to a secure and resilient livelihood. The manager should lead and mobilize the team, be responsible to design, facilitate and conduct the training programmes.
The Sustainable Livelihood Manager should have conceptual clarity of rights based approach, feminist principles, gender equality and diversity and will work to contribute and support to achieve the objectives, goals, mission and vision of WOREC in general.
The Sustainable Livelihood Manager will report to Executive/Program Director directly and will work in close coordination with Executive Director, Senior Program Coordinator all Program Coordinators as per the requirement of the program. The livelihood officers or program staffs based in program districts will report to the Sustainable Livelihood Manager
Education Qualification and Skills :
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture/Forestry/Natural Resource Management or related field
- At least five years of relevant experience.
- Should have broad understanding of livelihood strategies, food security and entrepreneurship development including tertiary and agro-based enterprises
- Knowledge on disaster risk management and health and nutrition
- Understanding of local situation/language/culture
- Ability to write and communicate effectively in both Nepali and English
- Have methodical and strategic thinking
- Project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Budgeting and accounting experience, computer literacy
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall managerial and technical responsibility to drive best practices of all livelihoods, agro-based and climate change planning, implementation, monitoring, documentation and reporting
- Ensure effective monitoring, supervision and evaluation of Sustainable Livelihood and income generating activities as per the standards in the reporting requirement of related projects
- Manage the team and take the lead to provide guidance, support and technical input to sustainable livelihood program (JTAs, CLAs and Social Mobilizes) and ESCR team
- Design and support the Sustainable Livelihoods Programmes/Component including planning, monitoring and management of the Programmes/Livelihood Component
- Develop key partnerships with the policy makers, funding partners, partner NGOs and all stakeholders including concerned government agencies like DADO, DLSO
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure effective gender mainstreaming and ensure gender equality and women's economic empowerment in all sustainable livelihood and income generating activities, including production and market opportunities
- Represent the organization in all related coordination groups and structures
- Lead and support in research, documentation and publication of ICS materials on livelihoods based on the best practices, lessons learnt, case studies etc
- Contribute with articles, documents, research reports and photographs for the purpose of knowledge management in the organization and for communication with other stakeholders
Qualified candidates may send updated CV and cover-letter mentioning the position applied for to email@example.com by 16th June 2019.
Note: Women are highly encouraged to apply for the positions. Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for written test and interview. No telephone calls will be entertained