GRADE : 3
TEAM/PROGRAMME : Sabal - Food For Peace USAID
LOCATION : Udayapur, Makawanpur & Nuwakot
POST TYPE : Fixed Term Grant
Child Safeguarding : Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may
require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
- Work closely with PNGO to identify construction related cash for work in the assign districts,
- and carry out pre-feasibility study
- Carryout detail design and cost estimate of the selected construction related cash for work
- initiatives and recommend with detail report for approval process as per the guidelines.
- Ensure that environment considerations are considered in the selected project and mitigation
- measures are well incorporated.
- Facilitate users’ committee formation/reformation process and help liaise with VDC and other
- agencies to ensure resource collaboration.
- Provide technical support to users’ committees to implement construction related cash for
- work initiatives and ensure quality of works.
- Prepare quality bench mark of each and every construction related project and monitor
- progress accordingly.
- Seek necessary technical advices /instructions from irrigation coordinator and apply in designing
- and estimation of construction related cash for works.
- Prepare monthly work plan for technical support, monitoring and supervision of cash for work
- projects and get approval from the Sr. Cluster/District Coordinator of the base district/cluster
- and be mobilized accordingly in other assigned districts.
- Prepare and submit status /progress reports on cash for work activities and submit to Sr.
- District /Cluster Coordinator(s) on monthly basis.
- Carry out other relevant duties assigned by Sr. Cluster /District Coordinator.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure construction related cash for works initiatives are implemented as per guidelines.
- Ensure quality of construction related cash for works as per quality standards.
- Ensure environmental compliances are appropriately considered in cash for initiatives.
- Intermediate level of education in Civil Engineering (Diploma in Civil Engineering).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Should have at least three years of experiences in community infrastructure works.
- Experience in facilitating users’ committee
- Ability to use AutoCAD software will be an added value
- Ability to work in remote, complex task
- Good written and spoken skills both
- In Nepali and English and computer Skills