TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Operation
Contract Length: Till June 2016 with possibility of extension
The purpose of this position is to implement of an effective and efficient management of support functions that includes office, finance & grant, safety and security, human, resources, logistics management and media & communication in the Field Offices.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure adequate administrative support for the day to day implementation of project in the Field Office
- Ensure sufficient budget incorporated in grants for support functions in field and district offices
- Ensure the provision of well-functioning office utilities on time in the Field office
- Ensure that all the lease agreements pertaining to offices / premises are dealt appropriately
- Support and guide in preparation and regular update of Master budget of Field and district offices
- Ensure and support for timely budget forecast, fund transfer, and budget utilisation
- Organise the monthly BvA meeting at field office; keep informed all relevant team members on deviation; corrective plan developed and followed up,
- Facilitate capacity enhancement of SCI finance staffs on SCI financial procedures and budget management,
- Work closely with program team and District Manager for timely financial report submission by the partners, reports reviewed, consolidated and submitted in time.
- Ensure donor, SCI and government compliances are well communicated to the partners, SC field and district office staffs and complied by.
- Strengthen financial management capacities including setting up financial accounting systems in the partner organisations.
- Ensure efficient and effective fleet management and transport for staffs and materials.
- Putting in place and maintaining effective warehouse system in the field and district offices.
- Ensure that the procurement management is timely, effective and adhere to SCI Procurement policies and procedures
- Make sure that warehouse, procurement tracker and fleet log sheet updated and shared regularly.
- Ensure all Gift In Kind (GIK), distribution and donations are tracked, validated, and reported.
- Strengthen capacity of SC and partners log staffs on procurement procedures.
Human Resource Management
- Make sure that all relevant position are filled through recruitment process complied with SCI staff recruitment policy & procedures
- Make sure that the performance management plan developed and reviewed on timely basis within line management structure.
- Ensure that regular capacity strengthening need assessment conducted by line managers and facilitate / support for appropriate capacity development opportunities.
- Facilitate continuous assessment of staff wellbeing and recommend appropriate initiatives for staff wellbeing.
- Facilitate / ensure relevant focal points / department to conduct policy orientation to SC and partner staffs
- Ensure child safeguarding and code of conduct is implemented across offices, partners organisations and in the field program
- Provide support to partners to develop Human Resource policy and procedures
- Ensure that staff capacity building and wellbeing initiative budget incorporated in the proposals and annual budget
Health, Safety and Security Management
- Ensure continuous assessment and analysis of safety and security situation conducted and kept informed to all relevant team members
- Update safety and security management plans, inform / educate and enforcement for its application
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedure (SoP) of health, safety and security are applied.
- Facilitate regular drills (EQ, fire etc.) in the SC field, district offices and partners as necessary.
- Facilitate in procuring safety and security and communication appliances while ensuring these are included in the budgeting process.
Media & Communication
- Ensure visibility and branding policy well communicated to SC and partner staffs.
- Facilitate documentation of change evidence and program progress
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Academic: Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Working Experience: 5 years work experience and 3 years of working experience (GSI Group) in a relevant field in a managerial/supervisory/coordination position.
- Job related knowledge: Overall operational management that includes administration, logistics, finance & grant, and Human Resource management
- Skills: English Language proficiency, computer literate, good interpersonal, stress and time management, attention to detail and high level accuracy, staff supervision and analytical skill. Budget preparation and expenses monitoring experience. Ability to work independently using own initiative with scope of responsibilities, ability and willingness to travel within the country.