CONTRACT TYPE: National
CHILD SAFEGUARDING – Level 3 The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have some contact with or access to children or young people.
The Senior lT Manager will be primarily responsible for ensuring and managing effective and efficient information technology services for the organization through managing the country office domain, local & wider area network. The post holder takes the major lead in the establishment of proper lT Infrastructure in the country office ensuring the optimum security and backup of the business data. Likewise, also plays a key role in ensuring the quality and standard procurement of the lT equipment and services. S/he will also be responsible to establish information functions that will be instrumental in collecting and analysing information required for the various departments, field offices and donors of SC in Nepal and external audiences.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Oversee the entire requirement of lT infrastructure and facilities in the country office that include planning, developing and managing the domain, local and wider area network with optimum security.
- Develop, handle and protect the organizational database and design the MIS reports as required based on the organizational need.
- Proactively monitor the latest R&D in IT and suggest the best and cost-effective technology or tools that is appropriate and competitive to cater organizational present need and expected future growth
- Undertake the assessment of lT system conduct regular IT audits
- Develop annual lT plan and budget of lT unit and facilitate as appropriate for scoping out the technologies required for the program to enhance the efficiency.
- Responsible for quality grading and procurement of lT equipment required for organisation and ensure use of equipment and value for money.
- Ensure organizational IT platform security is robust with the help of internal and external IT counterparts, consultants and other service providers
- Ensure valid Annual Maintenance Contracts (AMC) are in place and properly functioning
- Ensure hardware, software, networking and bandwidth being used by CO, field offices outside Kathmandu are up to the need standard and in good functioning order including timely maintenance and support on trouble shooting as required.
- Play key role to maintain and update the organization's intranet home page. Ensure staff are getting relevant information through the portal. Look into the decentralization of the IT services through appointing and capacity building of IT focal persons at CO and field.
- Ensure the regular IT troubleshooting, hardware, software, networking and internet related fixing mechanism is properly functioning
- Be a focal person for coordinating with ARO and Centre for any ICT issues and be familiar in using the SCI web portals (Nethope, JIRA, Onenet, Citrix, FMS, AMS, etc) for escalating the ICT issues as required. Administer the IT system fixing communication mechanism is working properly.
- Primarily be responsible for timely creation, shifting or removal of user's Domain and Email lDs
- Plays key role in identifying the lT services required for the organization and recommends for commissioning the contract with external service providers.
- Monitor the web sites are being ethically used by staff. Suggest management to use, moderate or control social networking sites for proper and productive use.
- Coach and orient to staff for ethical use of email and internet services to run their job duties
- Orient on user computer business data safety and backup of data from possible virus attacks
- Orient computer users to avoid computer virus infection, regular scan and virus removal, hacking resulting loss of data or malfunctioning of the computers.
- Train and orient users in newer technologies and uses of network resources to ensure smooth and trouble-free LAN/WAN system in the respective field offices and also explore areas for using technology to benefit programs In SC impact areas
- Advise partners to adopt best-suited IT equipment, software and associated services in case of need.
- Plays key role in finding out the technology and equipment that best suits for the organization.
- Support to Logistics/Procurement Manager for procurement of lT related equipment and preparing an appropriate asset and inventory procurement plan and entering into procurement framework agreement.
- Coordinate with Store unit to maintain pool of computer and laptops for workshop, events and borrowing for staff for their field trip and keep proper log of these items
- Authorize all the invoices incurred against the ICT budget.
- Develop and maintain good external relationship with the relevant vendors, and internet Service Providers,
- Maintain linkages with INGOs and represent and both internal and external forums as required related to the ICT matters
- Maintain uniform IT systems and standards at Bhutan office
- Coordinate with Regional Technology Specialist with Country Office lT status and issues for necessary help.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- self-driven; able to take a pro-active approach and work on own initiative
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with team, colleagues, external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and inclusion, sees it as a source of competitive strength. Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, IT or Master's in other discipline(s) with high level IT professional programs, courses and/or trainings
- Minimum 7 years (5 years for GSI group*) of working experience in managing IT systems preferably at I/NGOs
- Excellent training and facilitation skills
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- High cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-set.
- Sound knowledge in planning and developing network infrastructure and maintain secured local and wider area network environment.
- Experience in finding the new and cost effective opportunities for the organisation
- Commitment to Save the Children values
*GSI group include Female, Dalit, Madhesi, People with Disabilities and other indigenous/minorities