Reporting Structure - Reports directly to the Head of Marketing Science
Business Unit – Annalect
About this role:
As a Senior Data Scientist in the marketing science team, you will be responsible for helping clients across multiple industries make data driven marketing decisions. Specifically, you will analyze large amounts of data to determine how customers interact with our clients’ advertising across different channels and devices.
Your focus will be to develop custom attribution and predictive models for both online and offline media. Using these models, you will deliver actionable insights that will drive value to our clients and improve their ROI. You will either be, or be expected to become, an expert on the data and technology used in Media.
- Provide business solutions and optimization through various statistical and quantitative methods. Provide statistical models to support predictive analytics and deliver non-technical presentations to all levels of the business as well as technical documentation to the wider team
- Build bespoke Digital Attribution models and improve our digital attribution product offering
- Build direct response and econometric models. Maintain and improve our processes and methodology
- Become an expert in marketing science, this includes understanding how data is collected and processed across different platforms and channels
- Derive insights from data and communicate those insights to a non-technical audience through presentations and documentation
- Work effectively as part of a team to deliver client outcomes
- Deliver analytical consulting services to clients. These include ad-hoc modelling and analysis projects as well as providing recommendations on data and analytics processes and projects
- Excellent communication skills - being able to both interpret and convey information in a clear, concise way. All stakeholders are provided with the information they need to move forward in a timely manner. Communication is equally effective overall platforms and situations e.g. location, culture, written, and verbal
- Is aware of own strengths and developmental areas. Is able to utilize individual’s strengths and manage weaknesses within the team. Understands how their own behaviors, attitudes, beliefs and actions impact others and uses this to engage in a positive and constructive way
- University degree in a quantitative discipline e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Math/Statistics. A masters degree will be highly regarded.
- Must have 2-5 years’ experience of building models and deriving insights in a position as an Analyst or a Data Scientist
- Proficiency and experience in statistical modelling and machine learning techniques (feature engineering, regression, classification, segmentation, cross validation, bootstrapping, Bayesian techniques etc.)
- A high level of proficiency with at least one programming languages used in data science (R/Python/SAS/Scala/MATLAB).
- Must have proven experience in taking projects from the problem definition through model design and final implementation is a must
- Experience in building digital attribution models, econometric models or segmenting customers is a plus
- Experience using large datasets from multiple sources will be beneficial
- Experience in client facing role would be highly advantageous
- Understanding of media technology (ad-servers, DMPs)
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience with visualization and dashboarding software (Tableau, Power BI)
- Proficiency in dealing with large datasets (data mining etc.)
- Proficiency with AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Redshift or other big data platforms
Please apply with your latest updated CV or send it directly to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.