The Retail & Supply Chain Manager manages all aspects of the retail section including: Commissary stores at Phora Durbar and Chancery, warehouse and supply chain and the souvenir store. This includes the effective financial management, costings and mark up strategies, cash control as well as merchandising of goods, promotions and offers, minimizing of wastage and expiry and ensuring supply chain management through supplier selection and liaison, appropriate sales and stock monitoring and planning processes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage the financial performance of the Retail operations within AMA
- Responsible for the P&L of the Commissary section, managing landed cost of goods, mark up strategies and cost management including minimizing write off and spoilage.
- Manage Retail & General Services Supervisor to effectively deliver merchandising and pricing strategies in the Commissary stores
- Conduct analysis, budgeting and planning for supply of goods and optimizing profitability of product lines alongside delivering service to customers by providing necessary and required line items.
- Maintain relationship with customer base to understand the needs and feedback to ensure commissary delivers against community needs.
2. Supply chain management
- Select suppliers based on value for money and ability to maintain continuous supply chain
- Monitor local and international purchase to ensure sourcing strategy is continuously updated
- Manage stock levels to ensure continuous supply of good to AMA operations including Commissary, Souvenir shops, F&B unit and administration.
- Maintaining minimum level and re-order level on the basis of stock and sales monitoring
- To verify and check all goods costing as against actual incurred. As and when goods are received
- Manage inventory and purchasing supervisor to ensure that all AMA departments’ orders are issued as per request: Food and beverage, chancery cafeteria, kitchen supplies, office supplies, paper goods etc following correct procedures.
- Provide related document of the shipment to logistic department in US Embassy and prepare exemption certificate to receive imported shipments & coordinate with relevant departments in Embassy
- Prepare order list for the suppliers’ local and overseas suppliers as per requirements
- Forward all the invoice and documents to accountant for the payment
- Ensure that the FIFO basis used to issue items
- Receives all supplier deliveries, compares with order and checks for quantity, quality and damages
- Purchase online stamp as needed
3. Manage store & warehouse operations
- Ensure product is merchandised well within the store
- Innovate promotions to increase store sales
- Mark down slow moving / expiring items to maximize sales and minimize write off
- Making sure that all cashier processes follow procedures
- Ensure Commissary access approval list with Diplomatic cards is maintained within the team
- Record daily damage from the store. Items damaged should request approval from General Manager
- Logs and documents all damages/losses on Daily Damage/Loss Report
- Arrange case lots in the warehouse when shipments arrive. See that the warehouse and store is kept clean and in order
- Conduct regular monthly physical verification of stocks and support finance and audit with the annual stock take process
4. Management of Retail & Supply Chain Team
- Responsible for team morale and motivation, which should be encouraged through formal and informal processes including coaching and development, staff events and activities and strong leadership.
- Manage the performance cycle of Staff including up to date Job Descriptions, Personal Objectives and Goals setting and performance appraisals
- Promote AMA values and ensure staff are aware of and adhere to all AMA polices
- Promote and coach excellent customer service skills.
- Oversee duty roster of staff and maintenance of central attendance and leave records for Staff
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree level qualification with 5-8 years of work experience in a relevant field
- Highly Competent in Microsoft Office applications, Tally ERP systems
- Demonstrable experience in Supply Chain and Logistics management
- Experience in customer services to International clients, preferably with experience of working overseas
- Commercial awareness & understanding of financial management and compliance processes and preferably experience of managing a business unit
- Experience of staff management, team leadership and human resource processes
- Fluency in written and vocal English language
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.