- Review all the detailed engineering design, drawings and specifications for its correctness and safety prior to the start of civil works. Submit a report on the findings and propose modifications or corrections to any defects or omissions
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to CMC and CSS on the various aspects of the project including schedule, progress, quality, cost implications and troubleshooting
- Monitor progress of the construction works, identify quality issues and potential causes of delay and advise CMC of suitable corrective actions in a timely manner
- Clarify any omissions, discrepancies or deficiencies in the design, drawings and specifications to ensure suitable revisions or other additional information to be provided to the Construction Contractor to complete the work
- Proactively assess and report the necessity of any modifications/design changes and need for change orders
- Co-ordinate site visits by USAID and CMC as and when required in coordination with Social Mobilization Team of CMC
- Issue relevant site instructions to the Construction Contractor to give direction on problems resulting from field conditions
- Assist CMC in reviewing change requests and claims
- Prepare the Non-conformance Report (NCR) and submit to CMC for processing
- Provide technical assistance during the defects liability period and final acceptance of the works
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the role, and demonstrating how you fulfill the essential skills and experience, by February 26, 2019 within business hour, to [firstname.lastname@example.org] (with the job title in the subject line).
Please note that we will be able to communicate with only the shortlisted candidates at each stage of the selection process.