TEAM/PROGRAMME: Global Fund
LOCATION: Surkhet Nepalgunj or Dhangadi
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed term grant
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invests over 40 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
The Provincial Program Coordinator - TB functions as a key TB program person for program planning, implementation and monitoring of all TB activities in respective province. She/he will work as primary contact person to SR for TB program in the province to be implemented by SR. S/he will provide management and technical oversight and backstopping to the SRs and relevant Service Delivery Points (SDPs) for timely and quality service delivery. S/he will be responsible to build the capacity of SRs/SDPs through training, on-site coaching and mentoring in regular basis.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support Save the Children (SCI) and National Tuberculosis Center (NTC) in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of National TB Program (NTP) activities in respective province;
- Support SR in program planning, budgeting and implementation of their activities in their respective province
- Ensure timely submission of monthly programmatic and financial reports from SRs/SDPs
- Monitor, coach and mentor sub recipients (SR) and SDS of TB program for proper implementation of TB program activities and provide support in any approval needed to accomplish the activities
- Conduct regular site visit of SR/SDPs to identify challenges and co-create action plan to speed implementation of activities;
- Ensure the project funds are timely disbursed to the SRs/SDPs in accordance with the project document and project work plans/budget.
- Monitor the grant absorption rate, monthly tracking and review of expenditures of TB programme in respective province.
- Review all periodic programmatic reports submitted by relevant SRs/SDPs and provide feedback if required before submitting it to Save the Children/NTC.
- Oversight of quality of NTP services/DOTS implementation including SR activities at local level and below, through supervisory visits;
- Ensure timely supply of TB medicine and other commodities at all SRs/SDPs and analyse the consumption pattern against given programmatic targets
- Advocate and advise current policies and strategies of NTP to SR, provincial authorities and local level authorities in consultation with field Managers and Project Manager- NTC
- Responsible to collect monthly, quarterly and yearly programme and financial reports from the field offices (province/Divisional health offices/local authorities) and submit to NTC within the given timeframe;
- Support province authorities in developing plans and reports for expansion, strengthening and monitoring of TB activities within the province;
- Responsible for monitoring activities through collection and analysis of data from province and local level and compilation of monthly, trimester and annual reports;
- Identify, prepare and disseminate the best practices and approaches to Centre and other province for their wider replication and use
- Facilitate provincial level planning and reporting meetings, quarterly DOTS workshops and palikas level meetings in co-operation with provincial authorities;
- Support M&E team for audit of data quality of NTP service at health facilities, palika and province and reported through the DHIS 2 to the NTC;
- Identify training needs of health workers delivering the NTP/DOTS and DOTS plus;
- Undertake site assessments for planned new DOTS plus sites;
- Organise trimester reporting and planning workshops on implementation of the NTP/DOTS with the Regional Health Services Directorate and regional partner NGOs/INGOs (SRs);In coordination with prevalence survey (PS) team, ensure all the activities of PS are operated smoothly at provincial and palikas level;
- Support to DR TB referral centres to accomplish the targeted activities timely.
- Ensure coordination between SR and existing government system i.e. Palika level
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Public Health program/project management
- Computer experience with MS Word, MS excel and PowerPoint,
- Excellent spoken and written skill in English and Nepali language
- Report writing skills
- Ability to travel in the field
- Prior experience in TB program
- Knowledge of M&E system
- Knowledge of HMIS and recording and reporting system of TB program