TEAM/PROGRAMME: POD/H & N
Type of Contract: Fixed term-Grant
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
The Project Officer is responsible for supporting in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting FACT related activities. S/he will support of Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) initiative under this project including required material development and streamlining use across SC’s existing platforms in Nepal. In addition, s/he supports to district and community level health authorities and platforms (to be used for FACT project) to implement and monitor the FACT related activities. Likewise, s/he establishes and strengthens good coordination with government counterpart and other stakeholders in the district and region.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Planning, Implementation and Tracking:
- Support to develop detailed implementation plan (DIP) and phased budget of the project on annual basis for proper implementation and budget utilization on time
- Support to prepare work plan of the whole project period
- Make proper implementation of project activities and budget utilization as per DIP and phased budget
- Prepare monthly project tracking report and take corrective actions in case of more than 10% deviation
- Provide training and orientation to platforms and local level stakeholders and ensure their effective engagement in the project activities
- Regularly monitor the activities conducted under FACT project and provide technical support to platforms for execution of the project activities
SBCC and Material Development:
- Support in development of Social and Behavioural Change Communication (SBCC) materials, its printing and ensure its well distribution
- Provide technical support to platforms and local stakeholders and ensure its effective use for FACT project
- Collaborate with SC Nepal’s media and communication department, health and nutrition team and other thematic program team
- Facilitate the mobilization of existing platforms of Save the Children for SBCC activities
Research, Monitoring and Technical support:
- Support the research component of the project in collaboration with programme coordinator.
- Conduct regular monitoring of the project activities at local level
- Provide technical support to regional/district offices and other thematic staffs of regional and cluster office for mainstreaming the SBCC and materials of the project into the selected platforms
Documentation and Reporting:
- Regularly update the platform of Save the Children’s projects where the SBCC and materials are used
- Document each major activities (includes project process, learning and results) conducted at local level and compile it whenever necessary
- Support research report documentation with proper analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Support in preparing project reports as per donor and member requirement on time with input from field staff
Coordination and Representation:
- Establish and maintain strengthened function coordination with district level government counterparts and other stakeholders for smooth execution of the project activities
- Provide technical support to district level government counterparts, other stakeholders and platforms for effective FACT related activities
- Maintain functional coordination with regional and district level government counterparts and other stakeholders
- Coordinate FACT work with selected platforms into which activities will be integrated
- Work with platform coordinators to support interaction with Save the Children country office as required for formative research, baseline and endline evaluations.
Occasional Significant Duties:
- Contributes to the process of developing plans, compiling reports and documentation.
- Ensure periodic evaluations of related programs.
- Compile and share pertinent technical and programmatic literature and information produced or found locally or globally with SC teams and partners.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for him/herself and her team, takes responsibility for his/her own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares her/his personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with team, colleagues, Members and external counter partners and supporters.
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing/Public Health/Management/English
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 2-3 years’ experience for Bachelor level and one year’s experience for Master level on public health programme including operational research, SBCC and material development
- Experience on different dimensions of family planning and reproductive health would be an asset.
- Strong written and spoken skills in English and Nepali
- Higher degree of taking initiatives and has ability to work independently.
- Sound computer skills on word processing, power-point, and other basic computer software.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, able to work in short deadlines with intense pressure.
- Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic reports that document programme directions and results
- Has ability to adopt innovation in the programme.
- Strong interpersonal communication and coordination skills
Note: This position is entitled only for female candidate.
- Reliable, trust worthy and committed
- Report Writing and Documentation
- Research & Survey
- Analytical Skill
- Program development
- Advocacy & Lobbying
- Representation and negotiation
- Resource mobilization
- Analytical skill, collaboration and cooperation
- Monitoring and Evaluation