TEAM/PROGRAMME: POD/Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS
REQUIRED NO.(S): 4
LOCATION: Based in VDCs of Nuwakot, Rupandehi, Pyuthan and Bajura
TYPE Of CONTRACT: Fixed term-Grant (till June 2018)
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 - The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
The Fertility Awareness for Community Transformation (FACT) project is a research, intervention and technical assistance project based on answering significant questions related to fertility awareness and Fertility Awareness Based Methods (FAM). In Nepal, FACT will test one primary hypothesis “Increased fertility awareness among men and women improves reproductive health outcomes”. The FACT team will employ a systematic approach to testing this hypothesis through developing and testing an innovative solution to improve fertility awareness.
The Project Officer is responsible for supporting in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting FACT related activities. S/he will support of Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) initiative streamlining use across Save the Children’s existing platforms in Nepal. In addition, s/he supports to district and community level health authorities and platforms (to be used for FACT project) to implement and monitor the FACT related activities. Likewise, s/he establishes and strengthens good coordination with government counterpart and other stakeholders in his/her working area.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Planning, Implementation and Tracking
- Support to develop detailed implementation plan (DIP) and phased budget of the project on annual basis for proper implementation and budget utilization on time
- Support to prepare work plan of the whole project period
- Make proper implementation of project activities and budget utilization as per DIP and phased budget
- Provide training and orientation to platforms and local level stakeholders and ensure their effective engagement in the project activities
- Regularly monitor the activities conducted under FACT project and provide technical support to platforms for execution of the project activities
SBCC and Community Mobilization
- Implementation of SBCC materials, its printing and ensure its well distribution
- Provide technical support and coaching to platforms and local promoters and ensure its effective use for FACT project
- Facilitate the mobilization of existing platforms of Save the Children for SBCC activities
Research, Monitoring and Technical support
- Collect data from health facilities of the VDC
- Conduct regular monitoring of the project activities at local level
- Provide technical support to regional/district offices and other thematic staffs of regional and cluster office for mainstreaming the SBCC and materials of the project into the selected platforms
Documentation and Reporting
- Regularly update the platform of Save the Children’s projects where the SBCC and materials are used
- Document each major activities (includes project process, learning and results) conducted at local level and compile it whenever necessary
- Support in preparing project reports as per donor and member requirement on time with input from field staff
Coordination and Representation
- Establish and maintain strengthened function coordination with district level government counterparts and other stakeholders for smooth execution of the project activities
- Provide technical support to district level government counterparts, other stakeholders and platforms for effective FACT related activities
- Maintain functional coordination with regional and district level government counterparts and other stakeholders
- Coordinate FACT work with selected platforms into which activities will be integrated
- Work with platform coordinators to support interaction with Save the Children country office as required for formative research, baseline and endline evaluations.
Occasional Significant Duties
- Contributes to the process of developing plans, compiling reports and documentation.
- Ensure periodic evaluations of related programs.
- Compile and share pertinent technical and programmatic literature and information produced or found locally or globally with Save the Children team and partners.
- Supporting Save the Children’s dual mandate of development programmes as well as being the leader in emergency preparedness and response for children.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for him/herself and her team, takes responsibility for his/her own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares her/his personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with team, colleagues, Members and external counter partners and supporters.
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Education: Bachelor’s degree in health related discipline preferably in Public Health or Nursing (BPH, B.Sc. Nursing, BN)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Experience similar or related field: At least 3 years (2 years for GSI group*) of working experience in health projects/programs preferably at I/NGOs; Experience on different dimensions of family planning and reproductive health would be an asset
*GSI group include Female, Dalit, Madhesi, People with Disabilities and other indigenous/minorities
- Strong written and spoken skills in English and Nepali
- Higher degree of taking initiatives and has ability to work independently.
- Sound computer skills on word processing, power-point, and other basic computer software.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, able to work in short deadlines with intense pressure.
- Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic reports that document programme directions and results
- Has ability to adopt innovation in the programme.
- Strong interpersonal communication and coordination skills
- Reliable, trust worthy and committed
- Report writing and documentation skills
- Research & survey
- Collaboration and cooperation
- Representation and negotiation
- Resource mobilization
- Facilitation skills
- Analytical skill
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Program development
- Advocacy & Lobbying