TEAM/PROGRAMME: POD, M&FWFO
POST TYPE: Fixed-term Grant
Child Safeguarding: Level 3- the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people for better of children, women and poor and marginalized people. S/he will be accountable on the child safeguarding policy while treating with children.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reach approximately two million population and invest over 30 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Rights and Governance and Child Protection, Child Poverty, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian.
Under the overall guidance of Project Manager - SC Italy, and in close coordination with technical team of project, s/he will be responsible for overall management, technical support and to assure quality delivery of project in the based district. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring quality benchmark of the project and work closely with Media, Communication Documentation and Reporting Officer (MCDR)-SC Italy for the information management of the project. At times, s/he is responsible to develop capacity of partner’s staff in close coordination with technical team at field office to implement this project through various approaches. In close consultation and guidance from the Project Manager, s/he will assist the partner in project planning, monitoring, reporting and ensuring quality benchmark of the intervention by best utilizing the available resources to attain project goal adhering to Save the Children’s global strategy.
S/he will support Save the Children’s mandate of full spectrum as well as being the leader in emergency preparedness and response for children.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Strategic Planning and implementation, Quality Assurance, Quality reporting and learning, Technical Support, Coordination, collaboration, representation are the major components of the responsibilities of this position.
Project Planning and budgeting:
- Ensure periodic cost effective and result oriented plan of the project in consultation with Field office based thematic staff, the children, beneficiaries, rural/municipality stakeholders and partner
- Ensure that the plans are in line with project documents and follow SC-Nepal’s standards and practices.
- In consultation with local government, ensure the plan and objectives are aligned with government’s current priority.
- Share the draft plan with concerned individual within SC-Nepal and ensure that inputs and feedbacks are incorporated
- Share the plan with the concerned local and district stakeholders and address their inputs and feedback to the extent possible
- Work together and support partner staff to implement the plan & budget as stipulated in the detail implementation plan and phased budget, and provide technical support
- Work in close collaboration/coordination with both thematic team at field office (Education, and Child Poverty) to maximize impact and roll out integrated interventions.
- Ensure the activities implement as per goals, objectives and results and in line with the quality benchmark
- Support partner team to ensure that minimum standard of the project are met and followed up the alert points raised by MEAL report
- Technically support partners on the interventions carried as per detail implementation plan, project document, and ensure the interventions are leading to SC’s CSP goal.
Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation:
- Help partners on providing analytical insights on project reports and produce high quality reports of the project
- Keep updated on and provide necessary information to Project Manager for quality project report
- Ensure the project is being implemented as per quality benchmark by visiting project sites regularly and providing on-the spot technical support to the partners and beneficiaries
- Support the partners to document the innovative approaches, best practices, lesson learned, and case studies and shared at appropriate level
- Support Project Manager to incorporate the key learning in upcoming plan and intervention
- Spend at least 60% time at field with proper couching and technical support to partner staffs, beneficiaries and concern authorities
- Contribute in documentation and preparation of best practices
- Update/and verify OPMIS as per need and ensure the partners prepare and timely submission of OPMIS to SC
Capacity Development of partner and stakeholders:
- Motivate partner staffs and make sure that they have clear understanding on the project’s objectives, results, and Co- relation of outcomes, outputs and interventions.
- Support to ensure partners are clear on their assigned tasks and SC’s zero tolerance policies, and the clauses of agreement signed between SC and partner.
- Work closely with line manager and project team to build the capacity of partner staff through coaching, mentoring and training.
- Ensure the field office departments (MEAL, Supply chain, Thematic, finance, construction, advocacy & communications) has given support to field sites in a timely manner, including capacity building of partners.
- Support to design and develop training manual, internal protocol/guidelines/leaflets and facilitate in building capacity of partners, and stakeholders for effective implementation of the projects.
Coordination, Collaboration and Networking in the field:
- Maintain functional coordination and relation with district and municipality stakeholders and ensure SC’s visibility
- Build and maintain effective relationships with partners and other supportive and likeminded actors
- Keep Project Manager and team abreast on the progress, challenges and way forward in the area responsible for.
- Communicate SC and partners about proposed changes from any of sides (SC’s or partner’s)
- Coordinate with district and provincial levels stakeholders, especially for child Poverty component and identify the areas to work collaboratively/synergy
- Work in a team spirit in a coordinated way if other SC interventions also exist in the district and officials assigned
- Represent SC within district, province, national and international forum as per need
- Participate in strategic planning process within the district and revision of activities going on with in the project and measure the financial progress and forcastion of the budget.
- Carry out dual responsibility in case of big emergency as per organizational requirement
- Any other task given by supervisor
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice):
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Master’s degree preferably in Agriculture, Management, Education or other relevant disciplines like Social Sciences and Rural Development
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in livelihoods field especially in economic opportunities, agriculture, employment creation, saving promotion, life skills and prevocational skill.
- Project planning, execution and reporting skills
- Facilitation, networking and negotiation
- Capacity building
- Lobby and advocacy
- Resource mobilization, Financial management
- Experience and willingness to work in the remote and underserviced communities.
- Good computer skills, good written and verbal communication in English and Nepali
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and coordinate with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with government system will add value.
- Research & survey
- Advocacy & lobbying
- Self-critical reflationary