The Project Coordinator - SHN & ASRH is responsible for providing strategic and managerial leadership in SHN & ASRH funded projects. Besides developing the capacity of the partners through various approaches (including coaching and on the job training), the position holder will be responsible to the advancement of SHN & ASRH projects in the districts. S/he would also be responsible to ensure the quality delivery of SHN & ASRH projects at implementing sites by maximizing the impact as per the country strategy by best utilizing the available resources to attain Health & Nutrition goal of Save the Children.
Term and Location: Fixed term position based in Siraha/Saptari under ERO with frequent field visits
Required Qualification: At least Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in Public Health or Nursing (BPH, BN, B.Sc. Nursing) with minimum 3 years of experience related to SHN, ASRH, Family Planning and/or Maternal and Child Health (MCH) projects/program
Key Areas of Accountability
Project Planning and Budgeting
- Provide strategic and clear direction/guidance in planning and budgeting of SHN and ASRH program funded by CASP in accordance with the guidelines, framework, policies and country strategy plan in the region
- Provide strategic guidance to partner organizations in designing cost effective and result oriented program in collaboration with the Government for immediate and long lasting changes in the lives of children
- Ensure/support partners to develop plan and budget along with Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) and phased budget
- Ensure and review that the plans and budget submitted by partner organizations are in line with SC’s Theory of Change and Country Strategic Plan, SC member’s priorities and align with the Government’s national priority plan & policies
- Ensure the partners implement the plan & budget as set in the detail implementation plan and phased budget, and provide support for recovery plan if required to achieve the result.
- Ensure adequate managerial and technical support to the partner organizations to implement detail implementation plan and phased budget.
Project Review & Monitoring
- Monitor the budget vs. expenses tracking every month provide feedback if required.
- Conduct regular field visits with appropriate tools and checklists, including discussions with beneficiaries on program effectiveness, and feedback on improvements
- Ensure regular program implementation, and monitor to identify strengths and weaknesses of the project and share respective organization team for appropriate action.
- Conduct the review of progress made by the partner organizations on quarterly basis and identifies the areas where they need to improve in terms of capacity building, cost efficiency, efficient use of staffs and help them to make necessary changes in their original plans if required.
- Ensure the partners conduct analytical discussion on project reports before submitted to SC.
- Ensure that quality reports are submitted on time by the partners and SC staffs.
- Prepare quality reports as per SC and donor the requirements
- Assist supervisor to prepare and submit semi-annual and annual reports on time.
Capacity Development of SC, partners and stakeholders
- Lead, manage and motivate SC & partner staff and make sure they have clear objectives, results and work plans and receive meaningful feedback on their performance regularly
- Lead on capacity building of partner staff through coaching, mentoring and training
- Design and develop training manual and facilitate in building capacity of partners, and stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of different training, workshops, meetings and seminars.
Partnership management and Project Compliance
- Ensure that the partners the organizational policies, GO, SC’ and donor’s requirements in time.
- Ensure with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
Coordination, Collaboration and networking
- Enhance Coordination linkages/networking with district line agencies and likeminded organizations for effective implementation of SHN and ASRH programs, policy advocacy and sharing of best practices
- Maintain close relation with other themes, and identify areas to work collaboratively to bring synergy, especially with Education
- In coordination with the Sr. Project Coordinator - CASP represent Save the Children at local, district, regional, national, international levels and humanitarian community when and if required
- Work as focal person of Save the Children dual mandate of development programs as well as being the leader in Emergency preparedness and response for children in Health & Nutrition in the region
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Sound experience in health project/program management including project/program monitoring & evaluation
- Knowledge about different dimensions of FP and/or MCH
- Skills and experience in writing technical and programmatic reports that document project/program directions and results
- Ability to analyze and adopt innovations in the program as per the need
- Higher degree of taking initiatives and the ability to work independently
- Strong coordination and interpersonal skills to work with multi-stakeholders and representing organization in various forums
- Facilitation and moderation skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, able to work in short deadlines with intense pressure
- Sound computer skills on Microsoft Office package and other relevant software
- Strong written and spoken skills in English language
Applications received through online job application procedure of Merojob will only be taken into consideration and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification. No telephone inquiries will be entertained.
Female and disadvantaged community candidates from the local level are highly encouraged to apply.