Type of Contract: Fixed term-Grant
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
The Project Coordinator for Community-based FP Intervention/RANM & SDM Integration– FP FACT will be responsible for planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of Community-based FP Intervention/RANM and SDM Integration related activities (Approach 2) under FACT project activities of district level. S/he will provide technical support to Project Officers and platforms (the groups through which the intervention will be developed) and district stakeholders and ensure the project is well managed in the district as well. S/he will lead the implementation of planned activities at district/local level and take Social and Behavior Change (SBC) initiative in close collaboration and coordination with DPHO in the districts under this project including required support of material development and streamlining use across SC’s existing platforms. S/he will make necessary coordination at district and regional government counterparts, related stakeholders, SCI staff and project platforms for smooth operation of the project activities for quality deliverables.
Planning, Implementation and Tracking:
- Develop detailed implementation plan (DIP) and phased budget of Community-based FP Intervention/RANM and SDM Integration component of the district on annual basis for proper implementation and budget utilization on timely manner.
- Prepare work plan of the whole project period at the district in consultation/coordination with respective DP/HO and other stakeholders
- Support to prepare project guideline, minimum standards and other required documents for the project management
- Ensure proper implementation of project activities and budget utilization as per DIP and phased budget
- Prepare monthly project tracking report and take corrective actions in case of more than 10% deviation
- Ensure supply chain of Cycle Beads and status of stock.
Research, Monitoring and Technical Support:
- Take lead to implementation and monitoring of SDM and Community-based FP Intervention/RANM initiatives at district level; including coordination with DPHO for developing MoU, hiring ANMs and their mobilization
- Support the research component of the project in collaboration with different stakeholders, this will include helping to organize/ identify participants for research.
- Prepare overall Monitoring and Evaluation Plan of the project at district level.
- Conduct regular monitoring of the project activities and report to line manager regularly.
- Ensure RANMs and trained service providers are providing quality of services.
- Conduct joint technical support and supportive monitoring visits to monitor the performances of RANM and trained service providers.
- Provide technical support and line manage project officers for mainstreaming the Community-based FP Intervention/RANM and SDM Integration activities including related promotion activities
- Provide technical support for field level activities – observation, finding gaps and feedback (reflection) and facilitate technical support for government counterparts and Project Officers
- Organize periodic review reflections as per plan and incorporate the findings to improve the performance.
- Disseminate achievements of interventions –Community-based FP service modality and SDM integration at district level for positioning for scale up.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Regularly update on the Community-based FP /RANM and SDM Integration intervention is implemented
- Ensure services utilization is tracked as per the plan.
- Prepare interventions reports as per donor and member requirement on time with input from project staff
- Support project in the documentation of project process, learning and results including case studies/success stories.
- Training and Material Development
- Arrange and facilitate CoFP and Counselling, and SMILER trainings as well as support for preparation of SDM and Community-based FP intervention/RANM related training and orientation manuals and IEC/BCC educational materials.
- Arrange and facilitate different orientation related to SDM and Community-based FP intervention/RANM to different groups specifically health facility staff, HFOMC and FCHVs at district and community level respectively.
Coordination and Representation:
- Establish and maintain functional coordination with regional and district level government counterparts like Regional Health Directorate, Regional Health Training Centre, District Public/Health Office, District Reproductive Health Coordination Committee (RHCC) and other stakeholders for smooth operation of the project activities at district level
- Represent Save the Children in relevant forums, including meetings, conferences and other events at district and regional level to Family Planning and Reproductive Health
- Coordinate intervention work with government system as a result it will be integrated well.
- Work with DPHO health facilities to support interaction with IRH research teams as required for assessments, baseline, mid and end line evaluations.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Supporting Save the Children’s dual mandate of development programmes as well as being the leader in emergency preparedness and response for children.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for him/herself and her team, takes responsibility for his/her own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares her/his personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with team, colleagues, Members and external counter partners and supporters.
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Education: Masters’ in Public Health Nursing degree preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Public Health with Nursing – for internal candidates
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years’ experience on public health program (family planning/reproductive health)
- Experience on different dimensions of family planning and reproductive health would be an asset.
- Strong written and spoken skills in English
- Higher degree of taking initiatives and has ability to work independently.
- Sound computer skills on word processing, power-point, and other basic computer software.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, able to work in short deadlines with intense pressure.
- Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic reports that document program directions and results
- Has ability to adopt innovation in the program.
- Strong interpersonal communication and coordination skills
- Reliable, trust worthy and committed
- Data Analysis
- Report and Writing
- Analytical Skill
- Program Implementation
- Advocacy & Lobbying
- Representation and negotiation
- Facilitation, M&E
- Analytical skill, collaboration and cooperation
- Monitoring and evaluation