TEAM/PROGRAM: PoD Field Office
LOCATION: Fixed term until December 2018 with possibility of extension based in Rolpa
POST TYPE: Fix term- Grant
CHILD SAFEGUARDING Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people for better of children, women and poor and marginalized people. S/he will be accountable on the child safeguarding policy while treating with children.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Under the overall guidance of Project Manager –SCK, and in close thematic coordination with Sr. Coordinator (Child Protection and Child Rights Governance), s/he will be responsible to provide technical inputs to district, rural municipal and local level stakeholders and partner’s project team to support the implementation of high quality child protection programs focusing on eradicating seasonal child labor migration from project area, as per the project framework and scope. S/he is responsible to support Project Team in managing project and developing capacity of the partners (Partner NGOs and Government collaborating partners) through various approaches including coaching and on the job capacity building under the project scope.
S/he is also responsible for ensuring quality delivery of the project at implementing sites by maximizing the impact as per the Country Strategic Plan and project strategies. S/he will ensure effective planning, quality implementation, monitoring, financial and partnership management of the partners in close consultation and guidance from the senior team members from MFWFO and CO, by best utilizing the available resources to attain project goal adhering to Save the Children’s global strategy.
S/he will also work in team to strengthen networking and collaboration with child rights/ civil society organizations and networks to promote child protection agenda. S/he will support Save the Children’s mandate of full spectrum as well as being the leader in emergency preparedness and response for children.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Strategic Planning and implementation, Quality Assurance, Quality reporting and learning, Technical Support, Coordination, collaboration, representation are the major components of the responsibilities of this position.
Project Planning and Budgeting
- Provide guidance in planning and budgeting of SCK Integrated project in accordance with the child protection thematic guidelines, framework, policies and country strategic plan.
- Support to partner organizations in developing cost effective and result oriented plans in collaboration/consultation with the local and district Governments for immediate and long lasting changes in the lives of children and targeted communities.
- Support the partners (NGOs and Government) to develop plan along with Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) and phased budget.
- Review and provide inputs on Project’s plans and budget in line with SC’s Theory of Change, Country Strategic Plan, and SC member’s priorities and align with the donor & Government’s national priority plan & policies.
- Provide adequate support to partners to implement plan as stipulated in the detail implementation plan and phased budget, and provide support for recovery plan if required to achieve the stipulated results.
- Implement planned activities under self-implementation in close consultation with line manager, track budget vs expenses of partners on monthly basis. Develop corrective action plan if required and ensure its implementation.
- Conduct financial monitoring in partner organization and provide feedback if required for improvement.
- Support that partners have quality assurance mechanisms built in programs they implement.
Project Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation
- Conduct regular field visits with appropriate tools and checklists, including interaction/consultation with beneficiaries to learn about program effectiveness and needs of the beneficiaries.
- Support to conduct project Baseline and End line evaluation.
- Provide Technical support in collecting quality data in collaboration with MEAL team and analysis against the performance indicators and targets on periodic basis.
- Review OPMIS and ensure partners submit it on time
- Conduct the review of progress made by the partner organization on a trimester basis and identify and work with partner organizations to improve their capacity, cost efficiency, accountability and organizational performance. Assist partners to make necessary changes in their original plans if required.
- Ensure that high quality reports are submitted on time by the partners.
- Ensure documentation of case studies, best practices, news cuttings, process, visual documentation and other as per project requirement.
- Facilitate Partner in the collection of required data and conduction of annual survey to report progress against the CSP Indicators.
- Spend at least 60% time at field with proper couching and technical support to partner staffs, beneficiaries and concern authorities
Capacity Development of partner and stakeholders
- Motivate partner staffs and make sure that they have clear understanding on the project’s objectives, results, and Co- relation of outcomes, outputs and interventions.
- Support to ensure partners are clear on their assigned tasks and SC’s zero tolerance policies.
- Work closely with line manager and project team to build the capacity of partner staff through coaching, mentoring and training.
- Support to design and develop training manual, internal protocol/guidelines/leaflets and facilitate in building capacity of partners, and stakeholders for effective implementation of the projects.
Advocacy, Coordination, Collaboration and networking
- Establish strong institutional relationship with relevant government agencies particularly Rural Municipality, District Child Welfare Board, Police, Labor Office, Ward level Child Protection and political parties Committees for SC’s visibility and sustainability of the project interventions.
- Strengthen networking and coordination at district and local level for policy advocacy and resource maximization.
- Work closely with Rural Municipality in developing child sensitive policies/plan and framework.
- Facilitate partners in carrying out various campaigns to promote and defend children’s rights.
- Coordinate with other themes at district and regional levels, especially with education and livelihood and identify the areas to work collaboratively/synergy
- Represent Save the Children and its values at the local, district level.
- Work as and when required fulfilling Save the Children’s dual mandate of development programs as well as being the leader in Emergency preparedness and response for children.
- Work as per need based on the line manager’s and the team’s requirement to fulfill other functions of the CRG and CP team.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with their team, colleagues, members, external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master degree in Human Rights, Law, Political Science, Development Studies, Sociology or related discipline(s)
- At least three years of progressively responsible working experience in related field especially in child protection/ child rights
- Good understanding on contemporary issues, activities and approaches in child protection and child rights governance
- Experience and willingness to work in the remote and underserviced communities
- Good computer skills with able to do written and verbal communication in English and Nepali
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and coordinate with multiple stakeholders
- Priority will be given for applicants from the project district, marginalized community, and female.
- Project Execution
- Facilitation, Networking and negotiation
- Capacity building
- Lobby and advocacy
- Resource mobilization, Financial management
- Leading, Learning Attitude
- Problem solving
- Self-critical reflationary