- Perform the day-to-day management responsibilities of Program Coordinator, including, but not limited to:
- Provide a day-to-day leadership presence for RMF Nepal programs.
- Cultivate the values of RMF within the program and its staff.
- Assess and analyze the needs of persons of concern in RMF Nepal programs in a participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for implementation and planning.
- Ensure that Partner agreements are provided and established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with provided and established guidelines and procedures.
- Through a consultative process with RMF management and informed by field visits within Nepal, lead the development of strategies, methodologies, and contingency plans that respond to new and emerging operational challenges for RMF Nepal programs.
- Undertake field visits to evaluate and improve the planning, programming, implementation and monitoring of RMF Nepal projects.
- Assist in developing the RMF Nepal operations plan in compliance with global strategic priorities and regional priorities as well as with annual programming and planning instructions.
- Guide and train RMF Nepal staff in RMF standard procedures related to Results Based Programme management.
- Apply RMF’s corporate tools to record data and assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence based decisions at regional and country level.
- Monitoring compliance to the organization’s resource allocation framework, providing support and taking corrective action where required.
- Provide inputs for and oversee the country operations plan (including budgets, staffing levels and structures) as well as prepare funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Negotiate Partner agreements.
- Support RMF’s fundraising actions by maintaining regular contact with donor representatives and by preparing and submitting project funding submissions and appeals.
- Connect and if appropriate, meet with current and prospective contributors and investors based in Nepal, and attract funding, such as grants, contributions and sponsorships to RMF’s work.
- Support and oversee administrative aspects including proposal preparation and grant writing.
- Submit monthly/quarterly program progress reports to RMF headquarters, including financial, narrative and photo reports.
- Undertake/participate in liaison, coordination, and information sharing activities with national NGOs, international organizations, donors and government.
Parties agree that the list provided above is subject to the changing needs of the RMF Nepal projects and RMF’s operations generally. Additional or different items may be assigned to Consultant for organization, implementation, progress reports, communication between and cooperation with the involved parties in the US and globally, as well as interpretation and translation as needed on behalf of and per the sole discretion of Real Medicine Foundation.
Skills and Competencies
- Three or more years of experience in developmental and health sector programmes, and community mobilisation.
- Emergency experience essential, ideally with an NGO, with proven application at field level.
- Prior experience in proposal writing, SWC related works, project designing and implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting needs.
- Proven and diverse experience of design and implementation of health interventions in humanitarian or developmental contexts.
- An understanding of and commitment to linking humanitarian programme design with longer-term community-based capacity building and livelihoods approaches.
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrated through proven experience in establishing relevant project monitoring systems, assessment design and proposal development.
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity approaches into recovery programmes.
- Proven ability to analyse complex humanitarian contexts, monitor change and translate into appropriate strategic planning and advocacy.
- Considerable experience of training and capacity building, and ability to carry out training needs analysis and develop capacity building strategies based on this analysis. Mentoring and coaching skills a plus.
- Proven networking and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative approach including working with Government officials with good cultural and negotiation skills, diplomacy, and tact.
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
To apply for the position candidates are requested to click on ' Apply Online ' Button below and also send cover letter and updated resume to email@example.com.
Application without cover letter will not be acceptable.