Purpose: The position holder will be responsible to lead and coordinate ProTEcT: MCAII Project program planning, implementation and monitoring at community, Province, national level and regional level. Lead and contribute for achieving the project. S/he will be required to compile and prepare Quarterly Report, Progress Reports, Case Stories Annual Program Progress Report and Grant project report.
The position holder will ensure qualitative implementation of the project interventions at the local, province and federal level in line with Global and Country Strategy and Purposes of Plan International
Term and Location: Fixed term employment till 31 December 2023 based in Country Office.
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- Master’ s Degree in Social Sciences, Gender Studies or any development related field
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in child protection sector especially addressing human/ child trafficking and gender based violence
- Good understanding of contemporary issues, activities, approaches and policy and legal legislation related to human trafficking and children rights
- Proven experience in coordination, liaison and networking, managing teams, working with children, finance and other critical management domains
- Project management experience
- Experience in capacity building, training and facilitation to partner organizations
- Experience of working at national level especially program and influencing
- Develop/modify Detail Implementation Plan (DIP), result based monitoring framework and Program Outline
- Support Field Offices (FOs) to carryout partner agreements and assessment following Plan International Nepal’s policy procedures. Coordinate and manage national level partner
- Coordinate, supervise and appraise project-supported interventions to ensure timely and quality delivery of the project at all stages of the project, and to ensure efficient utilization and timely accountability of funds and other resources allocated in accordance with grant condition
- Lead for national and regional level program interventions and influencing and capacity building component. Ensure child protection risk assessment and mitigation measures in the project
- Ensure that the concerned Plan staff and partners, at country and field level, have consistent understanding about the objectives and logic of interventions of MCAII Project
- Orient/coach/mentor FO staff and partner staff and management on project methodology, approach, deliverables. Support FOs and partners for developing role models/ambassadors
- Support and Coordinate with government agencies at the local, province, federal and regional level and other non-government agencies, civil society organizations and social institutions in enhancing MCA II project agenda
- Represent Plan International Nepal at relevant technical working groups and events/fora to ensure MCA II Project is visible at national, district level
- Ensure the project is safe and protective for children and young people through proper safeguarding related risk assessment and implementation of mitigation measures and review of it on regular basis
- Ensure that the Project is focused on children at risk, especially vulnerable girls, for preventing them from being trafficked
- Ensure the program identifies and addresses root causes of child trafficking and program approach and interventions are empowering to girls and women and promote their dignity
- Visit program sites and monitor program/projects and update visit reports in SAP
- Develop result-based monitoring framework and implement it with support of MER staff
- Set milestones – quarterly and annual – based on the project log frame and result-based indicators
- Organize quarterly review of project implementation to assess the achievement of milestones and expected results of the Project.
- Continuously guide the project implementation through feedback and follow up to achieve the milestones and results with quality and on time
- Undertake monthly tracking of budget spending in order to ensure spending as planned, and timely settlement of the expenditures.
- Develop a system for capturing, documenting and disseminating project experiences, achievements, lesson learnt and best practice to Plan and partner staff while maintaining project records for accountability purposes. Support and ensure quality success cases stories as per grants requirement
- Develop scope of work for implementing partners of MCA II and support in selecting partners and concluding partnership agreements.
- Prepare Country Annual Total (CAT) as per expenditure and adjust activities in coordination with concerned staff