Work Purpose: Under the direction of the Senior Program Officer, the Program Officer will assist in developing and coordinating proposals for an integrated multi-sector & multi-area relief, recovery and rehabilitation program, as well as the long term programming under the National Office. This position will also ensure program quality.
- As directed by the Senior Program Officer, develop concept papers, proposals, and budgets, in conjunction with Districts and Sectors, in alignment with the Response Strategy, to acquire grant funding.
- Incorporate internal and international humanitarian standards into all proposals, program design and implementation within the designated districts
- Ensure the incorporation of DME and Accountability processes and findings into all proposals, program design, budgets and implementation within the designated zone
- Coordinate and facilitate program design in collaboration with Operations
- Monitor and track progress of field operations and grants, and regularly update information in the operations and grant tracking system to ensure the value and integrity of the system.
- Provide regular updates/analysis on the progress of field operations and grants to key stakeholders.
- Actively monitor the evolving context to ensure overall program quality, including considering the necessity and feasibility of activities in light of changing context and needs, speed of recovery, organisational/staff capacity, grant requirements, etc. and advise accordingly
- Monitor progress towards program goal and objectives and ensure that implementation contributes to these ends.
- Support Director of Program and DME in program (re)design
- Support the Senior Program Officer in ensuring good donor liaison and the identification and pursuit of grant opportunities.
- Ensure that World Vision is represented at coordination and working group meetings.
- Prepare monthly, annual and end-of-project narrative reports as required and per donor guidelines for all grants within their respective portfolios.
- Collaborate with Finance to resolve financial issues related to programmatic expenditures.
- Develop, maintain and revise the master budget and tracking of expenditures, and provide regular updates to the Senior Program Officer.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Program Officer
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in relevant fields of study such as International Development, Political Science/International Relations, Economics, Sociology, or other related field • Self-starter who can work independently under pressure.
- Two years’ experience in emergency response programming and/or grant acquisition and management
- Previous experience in large scale humanitarian emergencies preferred
- Knowledge of budget requirements and regulations of major donors, including USAID, DFATD, ECHO, DFAT, DFID and UN agencies.
- Familiarity with major humanitarian codes, principles and practice
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications including use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Have positive learning attitude
- Have high level of integrity and honesty, self-motivated, confident, and independent
- Committed to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement
Candidates fulfilling the criteria and interested in working with us need to send their updated CV/Resume by 17 February 2016 to the email email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVI-NER reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
Note: Please specify the position title in subject that you are applying for.