Ujyalo Foundation is looking for a self-motivated, passionate, determined, and independent changemaker who is willing to impact change at a grassroots level. At Ujyalo we invest in our team members and believe they are our strongest assets. We are looking for a candidate who can help us impact change. We love to work with people who are proactive and flexible with a can-do attitude that is supportive and versatile.
About the Role:
The position will work under the Gender, Sexuality, and Leadership Institute to design, lead, and monitor its flagship leadership institute at Ujyalo Foundation. The position will work with the Manager and a fellow coordinator to lead the leadership institute.
I. Title: Program Coordinator
II. Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
III. Deadline: September 30, 2020
IV. Reports to: Program Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
The main objective of this position is to ensure the management and implementation of the leadership programs and maintain transparent communication with the participants and stakeholders.
A. Program Planning, Implement, and Execute:
- Plan, design, and execute sessions and workshop as designed under the program
- Liaise with various stakeholders to create and review capacity building manual for the program
- Maintain and manage the progress of the leaders, alums involved in the program
- Manage the timeline and the budget of the program
- Maintain a timely report of the program
- Work closely with the Program Manager and program interns to lead the project
B. Public Relations and New Programs
- Identify and maintain relationships with community stakeholders who are directly linked to the project expertise
- Establish and nurture collaborations with the participants facilitators, and any other key stakeholders (new and old)
- Manage timely communication and reporting with the donor agency
- Manage any changes related to the project if needed under the light of COVID pandemic
C. Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation:
- Implement, monitor and evaluate the program
- Conduct periodic meetings with the team and stakeholders to review the progress of the program
- Provide programmatic reports periodically to the Program Manager and the Executive Director
- Review, design and manage the workshop manual, and assist in designing the workshop training
- Produce and compile relevant data to develop better gender and leadership knowledge material
D. Communication and Documentation
- Find best practices for sharing updates of Ujyalo Foundation projects internally and externally
- Work with team members to produce infographics on project updates
- Communicate with the donor, if needed for reporting and programmatic discussion.
- Documentation of project activities
E. Organizational Management
- Manage program wise calendar
- Evaluate and monitor the program and their impact
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with consultants, stakeholder, and other feminist organizations, groups in the community
- Work with the Operations Officer for logistic management of the program as needed
- Represent the organization at the community level
- Design and update impact assessment plans and strategies periodically
- Provide monthly and quarterly program impact reports
F. Other Requirements
- Must participate in all Ujyalo Foundation events
- Must follow the office timing of the organization (9:00 am-5:30 pm M-F) ( Summer hours) The hours for winter will be informed accordingly.
- Progress reports on achievements must be submitted to the supervisor weekly
VI. Qualification, Experience, and Skills
- At least two-three years of experience in a similar field
- Project management experience is a plus
- Research and report writing experience is a must
- Professional and/or academic experiences in gender or sexuality or feminist leadership issues in Nepal
- Experience overseeing projects from implementation to evaluation
- Facilitation experience is a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including google drive, online project management tools
VII. Personal Attitudes and Behavior
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Nepali and English.
- Ability to meet deadlines and report challenges and opportunities as needed
- Innovative, self-driven, and team player
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Flexibility with work hours as needed
- Sense of urgency necessary to meet goals, objectives, and deadlines
- Demonstrated management, leadership abilities, accountability, and initiative
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative, be proactive, and work independently
Some of These Values Will be a Plus Point!
- A positive attitude and energy to grow and thrive in diverse settings;
- Open and driven mindset to challenge the society, the Team and the organization with creativity and innovative ideas;
- Be a Team player, dreamer, believer, and achiever