Purpose: The Procurement Manager is responsible for overall leadership and management of WVIN ProcurementActivities(Emergency Response and Regular Projectsof National Office)in order to achieve the project impact and goal as per approved program design and donor compliance.
- Lead and coordinate Procurement to perform the procurement and return functions
- Promote integration and standardization of Procurement activities across all WVIN/NER operations
- Manage the WVIN Procurement functions and staff, undertaking continuous in-house capacity building to ensure the regional provision a professional procurement advice and coordination service.
- Create and manage WVIN/NER Procurement Budget
- Manage SCM communication with management at Regional and Global offices
- Maintain functional and technical familiarity with customer-specific representation (i.e. GPRN pre- positioning and humanitarian logistics functions, GIK, FPMG).
- Proper monitoring system and control of procurement processes established
- Lead development and coordinate the Consolidation of Procurement Plans for all the sectors/operations, and all functional departments
- Procurement plans based on response strategy, operational plans, focus areas and spend analysis for bulk procurement opportunities through strategic sourcing
- Manage development of implementation plan for SCM activities;
- Identify and implement cost savings opportunities for existing large and/or key contracts. Accomplish a gradual reduction of overall supply chain spending for supplier products and services.
- Lead negotiations for strategic and large supplier contracts for the procurement of information technology related software, hardware and services. Negotiating favorable pricing, contractual terms & conditions and manage contracts
- Monitor and improve contracts to make sure what is in the agreements is being achieved and contract gaps are eliminated in consultation with Legal.
- Initiate, write and manage standardized contracts with suppliers
- Rationalization and consolidating suppliers and contracts to achieve improved services and cost reductions;
- Use processes that ensure that contractual terms and conditions are met during order request and processing for the purchase of materials and services;
- Identifying potential vendors through pre-qualification of suppliers and manage suppliers to meet organization’s needs;
- Manage the supplier base, pre-qualification criteria and selection process. Identify and pre-qualify supply alternatives. Evaluate vendor responses and make finalists recommendations.
- Develop and implement a strategic supplier management plan to rationalize the number of vendors and contracts and enhance supplier performance;
- Facilitate and lead quarterly and annual meetings with suppliers and senior management to include development of agendas, coordination of presentations and taking an active role in the actual presentations;
- Coordinate reviews and assessments of suppliers. Conduct annual supplier performance reviews and report to supply chain management leadership team
- Develop and Manage long term supplier relationships for designated categories;
- Facilitate and lead quarterly and annual meetings with suppliers and senior management to include development of agendas, coordination of presentations and taking an active role in the actual presentations
- Provide Technical Support to WVIN/ NERDistrictoffices on procurementprocess
- Coach and Develop procurement capacity across the WVIN/NER
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and other Procurement and financial reports prepared and in placed and documented in time aligning with WVIN/NER design and donor requirement.
- Anything else requested by the Supply Chain Manager to support the quality of Procurement operation for WVIN/NER.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelor degree in management or relevant discipline with at least three to five years’ working experience in Projects/Procurement Management(previous experience working in Procurement and Transport are preferable)
- Demonstrated depth of experience and effectiveness preferably in an I/NGO context in working with community/grassroots people and organizations, specially focus on Procurement, contract management, Procurement and transport
- Extensive experience and recognized expertise in models and methods of training, facilitation and capacity building, Project Management and organizational development for staffs, communities
- Thorough understanding and experience about Nepal Government’s strategies,policies,guidelines, plans about Procurement Management
- Ability to identify the Procurement Management issues at various levels at South Asian Context
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- A successful track record in coordinating / managing Procurement Management Projects in Nepalese context.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and different approaches to building capacity
- Fluent in Nepali, with good written and spoken English
- Committed to World Vision Ethos, Mission, Vision and Core values.
- Experience in using logical frameworks and Procurement monitoring
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Able to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Have high level of integrity and honesty, self-motivated, confident, and independent.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria and interested in working with us need to send their updated CV/Resume by 10 March 2016 to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVI-NER reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case. Note: Please specify the position title in subject that you are applying for.