TEAM/PROGRAMME: Emergency Response
LOCATION: Country Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 Year
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 2 - Either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work.
The purpose of this position is to execute procurement process for emergency response in effective and efficient way. This includes coordination with vendor, program requester, store/warehouse and other stakeholder on execution of procurement process, delivery of goods and services as required. In addition, monitoring and providing technical support on procurement to field offices.
- Manage and execute procurement of goods and services required for the organization following the guiding principles “Best Value for Money, Transparency, Accountability, Equal and Fair competition”
- Assists Logistics Manager on development of procurement plan and develop action plan for execution of procurement effectively and efficiently.
- Lead on managing procurement of various goods, services and works including emergency relief material on timely and cost effective way.
- Process and prepare request for quotation, bid analysis, purchase order and other document related to procurement including tracking of purchase status.
- Ensure procurement of goods is in high quality, timely and cost effective adhering to established policy of the organization.
- Ensure logistics/procurement policies including donors requirements are followed all the time and pay attention for making zero non-compliances.
- Update and develop qualified vendor list and monitor maintain record on performance of the vendor
- Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with vendors/suppliers.
- Monitor and visit suppliers premises time to time to ensure child safeguarding policy, fraud policy and report Logistics and procurement manager on quarterly basis
- Carry out monitoring of procurement made by partner organization under Central Region in coordination with RPM and prepare report on quarterly basis
- Provide orientation and technical support on procurement policy and procedure to partner organization in coordination with relevant stakeholder.
- Provide technical support to emergency cluster offices on procurement process and other logistics requirement.
- Coordinate with other department heads, program managers in relation to procurement and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Work in emergency as part of SCI dual mandate
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Masters’ Degree in Management or related discipline with 3 years* of experience in relevant field (2 years* for application from GSI group)