Contract : Timebound Contract, one year
Job Responsibilities :
- Work with Public Engagement to undertake the NGO selection process for NER activities
- Adapt WV Nepal standards on how to assess and select NGO partners for the Response context
- Engage Operations and Sector Managers to ensure NGOs meet technical requirements for NER implementation
- Develop and oversee the partnering Agreements that can be used to govern different types of partnering relationship.
- Lead the roll out of this partnering framework and standards across the organisation.
- Provide continued support to NGO partners on government compliance
- Work with NER Functions to analyse current approaches to managing as partners and identify strengths and weaknesses in joint accountability.
- Analyse current approaches to monitoring to identify in what ways WV monitors its partners
- Develop planning and reporting approaches that enable WV and its partners to plan and manage effectively together, with all partners holding each other accountable.
- Develop feedback mechanisms with NGO partners to be able to receive and respond to issues that arise, together with relevant function or Sector Manager
- Adapt World Vision Nepal performance appraisal of NGO partners for use in the NER
- Develop capacity building approaches that will enable NGO partners to effectively implement NER activities on time, on target and on budget
- Develop general NER and humanitarian orientation and coordinate and facilitate the input of other functional area orientations
- Ensure all NGO partners undergo basic orientation of all functions and specific orientation on Response activities together with relevant Sector Managers
- Work with Sector Managers and Programs Team to ensure that NGO partners have good oversight of grant requirements including timelines, budgets, targets, quality expectations, and donor visibility requirements
- Support EMS functions, including Sector Managers and District Managers to understand NER approach to NGO partnering and associated obligations
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field – social science, development studies, adult education.
- At least five years in development work in Nepal
- Strong research skills and relevant research experience of at least two years. Experience in leading action learning preferred
- Strong team player – must be able to form and lead a number of cross-functional working groups
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to draw commitment from other parts of the organisation.
- Good understanding of different approaches to partnering, and the requirements these involve.
- Fluent in Nepali with good written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Previous work in developing partnering approaches
- Financial or grant management experience is preferred
- Need to travel up to 70% of the time.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send in their complete Curriculum Vitae (CV) by 7 November 2015 before 17:00 hours to the address mentioned below. Candidates from respective districts and women are highly encouraged to apply.
World Vision International Nepal
People & Culture Department
Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.