Number of Positions: 1
Duty Station: Biratnagar, Morang
Contract Type: Fixed term contract with three months of probation period
BISWAS - Building Trust and Confidence among Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) Affected and Vulnerable Population) is a project designed by FAIRMED. This project is designed to improve the health and well-being of communities in the three districts (Jhapa, Morang and Sunsari)of Province no. 1, for four years. The project plans to strengthen integrated health service provision and utilization in working municipalities of the three districts. The focus intervention will target both entities and Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH) interventions up to the community level.
Karuna Foundation Nepal is a strategic partner for the implementation of BISWAS project and also has been implementing Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Program in seven districts of Province no. 1.
Required qualifications and experiences:
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health having at least 2 years of experience in health-related projects.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge about health system strengthening, Neglected Tropical Diseases, MNH and Disability Inclusive Development.
- Track record of generating innovative ideas and demonstrated creativity.
- Good knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office, SPSS etc.) with ability to produce reports in English and Nepali.
- Ability to lead and work independently.
- Good communication skills in both Nepali and English.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Applicants with two-wheeler driving license will be preferred.
- Ensure regular planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Prepare triannual and annual plan in line with BISWAS activities and local scenario
- Plan health-related training and orientation project at district and Palika level
- Plan and organize project related training, workshop, and review meetings, with the Municipalities as well as at community level
- Track budget expenditure through financial reports, and utilization of budget as per the planned activities
- Implement different activities on field and ensure disability integration in each activity implemented
- Carry out health facility assessment in particular to assessing the needs of birthing center strengthening
- Liaise between BISWAS project and Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Program (DPRP), and implement both the programs in a harmonious manner
- Lead the implementation of disability related activities at district and municipal level.
- Advocate with Province and Municipalities to prioritize MNH (Maternal and Neonatal Health) and NTDs (Neglected Tropical Diseases) in their annual program with sufficient budget allocation.
Coordination and Communication
- Work in close coordination with health facility staff in the community level as well as district level
- Maintain good coordination with health office of the district and health section of local governments
- Establish regular coordination and communication with KFN staffs in the implementing districts, province office, FAIRMED and other implementing NGO partners of BISWAS project, implementing projects in 25 focused interventions municipalities of Jhapa, Morang, and Sunsari.
Monitoring and Supervision
- Track all project interventions and make sure that the set quality benchmarks have been met and followed during the implementation
- Ensure projects progress data are timely collected and entered in the project database
- Supervise, support and monitor performance of staffs under BISWAS project
Reporting and Documentation
- Keep updated documentation of the project activities, achievements, challenges and lessons learnt
- Share quarterly progress updates, and semi-annual progress reports to the lead person for BISWAS Project at Karuna Foundation Nepal
Leadership & Management
- Ensure the meaningful participation of person with disability in all phases of project cycle and advocate for their rights
- Establish and maintain smooth working relation with Palika, DPOs and other district level stakeholders and ensure the technical support on time
- Ensure community participation and mobilize local resources
- Ensure proper and effective use of project resources and assets and its management according to organization ‘s policy and guidelines
- Other responsibilities consistent with the skills and experiences as assigned by the supervisor
- This position demands 50% of total working hours on field
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications with cover letter and updated Curriculum Vitae with at least two references (including previous employer) before by 20th September,2021 email at [email protected]. Please mention the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and your expected basic salary, joining date and your vehicle license no. in your cover letter.
Karuna Foundation Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. Women, persons with disabilities and persons from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. Karuna Foundation Nepal reserves all the rights to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.