Division: Monitoring and Evaluation
Duty Station: MuAN Secretariat, Kathmandu, Nepal
Period: August, 2019 – January, 2020
MuAN in partnership with The Asia Foundation (TAF) Nepal, under the DFAT-TAF Partnership on Sub-national Governance Program has initiated a project titled "Strengthening Municipal Governance in Nepal." The project will operate at federal, provincial and local level involving both demand and supply sides for developing the capacity of sub-national actors which leads to effective service delivery and public sector accountability. The project activities will benefit all the urban municipalities and their officials to enhance capacity to implement local government policies, programs and services effectively.
The overall goal of the project is to strengthen municipal governance in Nepal to implement activities related to supporting to build the capacity of municipalities, strengthening inter-governmental relationships and collaborating with local governments to improve the local government service delivery. The specific objectives of the project are as follows:
- Support to strengthen the capacity of the municipalities for the better implementation of the local government policies, programs and services, effectively.
- Support Municipalities by technical and advisory services to promote effective and efficient service delivery to the citizens.
- Promote and facilitate intergovernmental communication, coordination and cooperation between local and provincial government to improve local governance.
- Strengthen the institutional capacity of Municipal Association of Nepal (MuAN) to enable them to advocate for the needs and interests of Municipalities.
Expected Project Results:
Following are the expected results from the projects:
- Improved capacity of Municipalities in understanding and delivery of public services
- Capacity of local representatives enhanced to ensure effective service delivery to the taxpayers
- Municipalities are more responsive to citizen's demands, especially to women, dalit and marginalized sections of population
- Seven provincial municipal learning centers (PMLCs) will be functional and strengthened
- Service delivery in partner municipalities has been improved and people have better access to municipal services
- Enhanced capacity of MuAN to respond to the emerging municipal needs and challenges
- Improved intergovernmental communication, coordination and cooperation between local and provincial government
- Increased implementation of newly adopted/existing legislation in municipalities
Scope of Works:
The MEL Consultant will be stationed at MuAN Central Office and will be accountable to Executive Director of MuAN and will also work in close coordination with Project Coordinator and TAF for the effective implementation of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define the overall approach to monitoring, evaluation and learning for Strengthening Municipal Governance in Nepal programme under the DFAT-TAF Partnership on Sub-national Governance Program, and in the context of Municipal Association of Nepal (MuAN) existing systems and processes
- Identify key output and outcome indicators for Strengthening Municipal Governance in Nepal programme based on existing M&E frameworks used in MuAN programming, external best practices and DFAT-TAF requirements
- Identify methods and tools for data collection and analysis of indicator information and develop corresponding guidance and guidelines
- Identify and develop practical management processes, related to monitoring, evaluation and learning, including clear schedules, responsibilities and interdependencies
- Work in close coordination with Project Coordinator and other projects staffs under the program. Liaise with stakeholders to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives. Analyze risks and opportunities in relation to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning perspective
- Participate in joint meeting between TAF and MuAN officials as required and requested
- Prepare progress reports and case studies, as required
- Assist MuAN team to capture the learning, achievements and best practices of program
- Develop and maintain effective communication and relationships with TAF and other key stakeholders
- Other tasks officially as assigned and endorsed by MuAN
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of M&E system design and implementation
- Master's degree in a relevant subject such as social science, political science, organizational development, M&E or similar
- Ability to work and write in both English and Nepali language
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
Please submit the application letter and CV in English no later than 15 July 2019 at email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further process