TYPE OF CONTRACT: Permanent Fixed Term Till August 2019
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
To execute the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning system (tools and methodology) in CRP (Sabal) intervention districts within the project structure along with PNGOs. Work with MEAL and program colleagues to ensure the smooth functioning of the MEAL system in eight project districts in coordination with partner NGOs. Conduct monthly quality monitoring in line with Quality Benchmarks (QB); and mentor partner NGOs’ MEAL team in the area of MEAL approach. Support Sr. MEAL Data Management Coordinator and Sr. MEAL Manager on: external base line survey; formative & operational research; management/execution of periodic reviews & evaluations; preparation of MEAL monthly/quarterly report; and review of program periodic report. Make sure the accountability complaint and feedback mechanisms are functioning well. Keep good coordination & collaboration with all program team and partner NGOs on MEAL requirements.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Development of Monitoring System:
- Develop specific components of the MEAL system (e.g. use of on-line mobile technology; data forms and templates).
- Support in smooth operation of Sabal MIS; communicate issues and do necessary follow ups to ensure smooth operation.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of these components, and adjust to increase effectiveness.
- Develop/review monitoring checklists of program activities.
- Translate checklists into Nepali, as required.
- Capacity building of Documentation & Data Management Officer and Assistant in area of MEAL/DM&E and quality monitoring process against quality benchmark.
- Organize frequent field visit to monitor program activities / interventions against QB; produce & share monitoring reports in line with preset QB findings and prepare action plan jointly with District Team.
- Support the Sr. MEAL Manager while conducting situation analysis, baseline, and other assessmentand/or research related to the project.
- Assist the Sr. MEAL Manager to develop project M&E plan (indicator definition, indicator calculation process; data collection tool/methodology development, setting data collection frequency, responsible person and use of the information).
- Compile Total Reach data of the project and prepare report of Total Reach of all districts.
- Compile monthly monitoring data and conduct analysis to highlight major variances and recommend issues for further investigation
- Ensure data quality of the periodic report; verify those data and information from sources periodically in sample basis.
- Carry out follow-up monitoring visits to materialize action agreed in action plan tracker and maintain ' Monitoring-Action Plan Tracker' at field level.
- Support program team and Sr. MEAL Manager for evaluation management during periodic evaluation of project interventions at field level.
- Assist Sr. MEAL Manager and Sr. Data Analysis Coordinator during action research, assessment and formative evaluation.
- Establish an effective functional system for complaints/feedback handling and response mechanisms within the project along with Sr. MEAL Manager and Team.
- Coordinate with SC CO Accountability Officer and develop regular trend analysis of complaints and share it with project team as per protocols.
- Carry out preliminary investigation and prepare preliminary report in case of serious nature of complaints filed by beneficiaries/communities.
- Make sure program related gap action plan agreed and CRM action plans are followed in timely manner or not by program team.
- Share MEAL findings & CRM issues in each monthly meeting as defined in the protocol.
- Ensure that the CRM guideline is being followed by project staffs, and PNGOs.
- Ensure that all the data related to MEAL action Plan tracker & CRM database are updated in a timely manner.
- Lead design and execution of operational research along with technical officers in the project districts.
- Facilitate sharing learning among District stakeholders, partners and project staff.
- Provide logistics support to MEAL team. Any other tasks given by line manager related to MEAL.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice Accountability:
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing the above responsibilities efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages partner staffs to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor's Degree in any field preferably in Information Technology
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3 years (2 year GSI Group*) of experiences in Monitoring, Evaluation and Data Management, strong IT knowledge and skills are preferred
- Reliable, trust worthy and committed
- Expertise in databases, MS Office, M&E System
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust to difficult living and working condition
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Proficient in report writing and documentation.
- Negotiation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong facilitating skills and use of Participatory approaches
- Good stress management skills
- Knowledge of local languages will be an added advantage
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification. No telephone inquiries will be entertained.
Qualified candidates from minorities, indigenous groups, women and with disabilities from local level are highly encouraged to apply.