Plantation Initiative Nepal is NGO registered in DAO Lalitpur and affiliated with SWC. The objective of PIN is to promote activities for environment protection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have an understanding of the mission and vision of the organization on a macro level.
- Regular travel will be required. Based on a pre-determined travel schedule, this position will be required to visit each of the project sites on a rotating basis. They will also be required to travel as needed, outside of the pre-schedule trips.
- Implementing a MEAL framework in line with Verra Climate, Community & Bio-diversity Standards (carbon verification standards).
- Managing planting polygon files to coordinate on-the-ground planting efforts.
- Coordinating monitoring activities for projects throughout Nepal. This includes permanent plot monitoring, photo monitoring, and socio-economic impact monitoring.
- Creating ecological and social monitoring workplans to meet project’s rigorous reporting requirements.
- Training, mentoring, and supporting teams throughout the country to complete monitoring activities according to organizational timelines and standards.
- Managing the search, application process, and hiring of interns from universities with a discerning eye for character, leadership potential, and skill.
- Keeping monitoring equipment up-to-date with the various monitoring technologies and maintaining equipment to a high standard to maximize its use for years to come.
- 1-3 years of experience in MEAL for national and / or international organizations.
- 1-3 years of experience in ecological research, forest restoration, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in managing teams.
- Ability to adapt to dynamic field conditions and incoming requests on short notice.
- Proactive attitude
- Project management skills
- Leadership abilities
- Time management skills
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems and ability to use GPS.