TEAM/PROGRAMME: Global Fund
LOCATION: National Tuberculosis Center, Bhaktapur
POST TYPE: Contract
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invested over 29 million US dollars in 2012 to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, TB and Malaria and Humanitarian crises.
The M&E Coordinator will be responsible to ensure and manage the timely and quality recording and reporting received from the field. S/he will be responsible to prepare and share the routine TB reports on the agreed standard NTPs format.
The M&E Coordinator will support to strengthen and enhance the M&E system in the SDPs where applicable and also support to ensure/maintain the project supervision, monitoring, evaluation. S/he will maintain and ensure that the standard tools and techniques are used and followed for recording, reporting, supervision and reporting. S/he will also facilitate and technically guide national research and evaluations in relation to Tuberculosis.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Support and Guide:
- Develop disease specific M&E plan and relevant tools in accordance to the Global Fund guideline
- Support to develop and modify (if necessary) project monitoring, evaluation and progress reporting system, processes, tools and guidelines;
- Provide guidance to SDPs and M&E staff of SRs on monitoring and reporting requirements;
- Support NTC PME Unit to prepare project specific trimester/annual progress report, annual plan of NTP as well as in strengthening NTP M&E system
- Capacitate field team and SRs in understanding of national protocol, guideline, indicator definitions, reference points for data collection, standard monitoring tools, national R&R and overall M&E systems
- Contribute in feedback and DQA system on data obtained for PUDR reporting and further analysis at the national level
- Oversight and follow the development/implementation of electronic R&R software
Reporting and Data management:
- Present, discuss and share the periodic progress and analytical reports/findings to the relevant authorities of NTC and SCI through M&E Specialist
- Facilitate the OSDV process of LFA/GF on all the indicators reported in the PUDR
- Responsible for data management and evaluation (collection, entry, update, analysis, reporting and feedback) on GFATM grant related activities;
- Contribute in data review and verification to assure internal consistency and validity of program M&E data reported by all SRs and D(P)HOs, through quarterly data verification and oversight visits to SRs and districts at all levels;
- Prepare progress updates, PUDR, contribute to prepare annual report and other PMU reports based on the results of the review and analysis of reports submitted by SRs as well as findings from monitoring visits, and NTP M&E data;
- Review and document supervision reports and progress reports, develop a matrix of recommendations/issues and ensure the corrections/progress made against it
- Assist the M&E Specialist in the provision of feedback on the regular performance of SRs and D(P)HOs;
Monitoring and Supervision:
- Conduct supervisory visits to the NTP at regional and district levels, and SRs to monitor and address monitoring and reporting data collection issues;
- Collate the routine data of the D(P)HOs and SRs and analyse developing tables, graphs and trends and suggest the improvement areas to M&E Specialist.
- Monitor the data reported in HMIS, eTB register and analyse the quality of data and provide feedback to M&E Specialist and communicate to Regional Coordinators-TB for the improvement of data quality and follow up the progress.
Coordination and Linkages:
- Coordinate program monitoring, evaluation and supervision, and provide technical assistance to SRs through scheduled site visits to all Sub-Recipients, as well additional SR visits if there are indications of programme progress reporting issues;
- Coordinate and support the PME section of NTC for the data collection, quality assurance and developing supervision plan
- Perform other duties as requested by M&E Specialist and Project Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Education: Master's degree in Public Health/ or Epidemiology/ or Statistics
Relevant Experience: Minimum 3 years’ (2 years for GSI group) working experience at management level in monitoring and evaluation of health related program or project at national level, especially in communicable disease
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of reporting indicators, data reference points, approaches and procedures of M&E system of Global Fund;
- Training and experience in Logical framework, project management and setting up a monitoring & evaluation system in health sector;
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing M & E system for assessing programme performance within the health sector specially for NTP, and planning and budgeting of the programme or project;
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and database management software such as MS Access, SPSS, EPI-INFO, GIS, STATA
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English and Nepali languages.
- Skills in coordinating and training;
- Good presentation, communication and facilitation skills