Job Location: Nuwakot, Nepal
Reports to: Nepal Program Lead (Country Representative)
- To design, develop, and execute livelihood project
The Livelihoods Project Manager will:
- Design, oversee and analyze needs assessments to inform World Renew Country Representative on livelihoods recovery strategy
- Provide leadership on the development and start up and implementation of livelihood recovery activities of the communities who lost their livelihood during earthquake
- Ensure Gender sensitivity in designing and implementing the program.
- Assist in the recruitment/capacity building of livelihoods staff
- Ensure quality supervision and technical support and capacity building of livelihoods team, providing technical support to / including
- Partner NGO livelihood staff
- WR Livelihood Project Officers
- WR Livelihood field team
- Ensure the collection and analysis of accurate information data (quantitative and qualitative), to be used in decision-making for improved program performance
- Provide timely reports for projects, assessments and evaluations under areas of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with GoN approval and documentation requirements
- Coordinate with clusters and GoN; ensure compliance with GoN approval and implementation requirements
- Represent World Renew at livelihoods cluster and government meetings
- Ensure active participation of beneficiaries and other stakeholders in program activities
- Ensure transparent and effective targeting of project participants based on clear criteria and participatory methods
- Manage an effective mechanism for collecting and responding to feedback from the communities and project participants
- Ensure that the livelihood of earthquake affected communities is recovered to the standard and activities planned are accomplished with quality and on time
- The position makes recommendations to the country management on issues related to project implementation for their consideration and appropriate action.
These responsibilities are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of World Renew and used by each staff working in emergencies to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Communicates strategically and work under pressure
- Manages stress and complexity
- Ensure safety and security
- Manages and implements quality program activity
- Master’s degree in Livelihood, Animal Husbandry, Agriculture, development, economics or related studies
- At least 5 years of professional experience implementing livelihoods and/or livestock, agronomist cash/market-based programs
- Demonstrated skills in designing, developing, managing, livelihood projects related to emergency programs
- Experience in program design, budgets and planning processes
- Experience managing staff
- Familiarity with Sphere standards, Core Humanitarian Standards(CHS) Minimum Economic Recovery Standards (MERS) as well as Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards (LEGS)
- Ability and proven experience transferring knowledge through formal and informal training
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong group process design and facilitation skills
- Flexibility and ability to motivate
- Additional language proficiency Tamang preferred
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability with a high degree of integrity and professional responsibility.
- Demonstrated competency in various computer applications, especially MS Word, Excel, and Access.