Work Purpose: Under the general supervision of the Response Manager, the Livelihoods Manger will provide the necessary strategic and technical support to ensure effective project design, implementation, integration and technical coordination of multi-sectoral relief/recovery/rehabilitation projects in accordance with the highest humanitarian and sector relevant standards.
- Develop sector relevant strategies, policies and guidelines, including short, medium and long-term strategies in alignment with the overall country strategy and minimum humanitarian and sector relevant standards.
- Matrix manage District based Livelihood staff, in coordination with District Managers including active participation in hiringprocess, performance management of staffs and build technical capacity
- Liaise closely with other sectors active in WV’s program, to ensure an integrated approach to programming
- In close collaboration with the Programs Team, support in the design of sector specific assessments and follow up on resultsand support the interpretation of data particularly focusing on program impact.
- Participate in sector reviews and evaluations and ensure sector’s lessons learned are lessons applied.
- Provide overall technical leadership to the relevant sector team and direct reports.
- Provide technical advice to WV leadership and implementing staff.
- Ensure that the sector program incorporates appropriate elements of accountability, monitoring and evaluation, gender, child protection, disabilities and other relevant themes.
- Ensure that budgets for sector related activities are realistic and managed.
- In collaboration with District Managers, support in the budget preparation process of projects to ensure costs for the sector is appropriately budgeted.
- Ensure procurement and spending is aligned with technical needs of the sector.
- Seek innovative ways for delivering sector related deliverables, including contracts and partnering arrangements with private companies in ways which optimize value for money.
- Closely liaise with Advocacy on sectoral issues which may need to be raised to a policy level.
- Analyze national and international sector related policies that have critical implications to the Responses programming.
- Provide contextual analysis for Partnership and global sectoral programming.
- Closely track trends within the sector and how these trends may affect WV programming.
- Assist in the drafting of reports with the District Managers and sectoral coordinators, Program Team, Communications and Advocacy to ensure technical accuracy.
- Build, maintain and strengthen relationships and linkages with local authorities, communities, NGOs, UN and other key stakeholders and ensure WV’s activities are closely coordinated with those of other agencies.
- Work collaboratively with District teams, Support Services and Programs to ensure technical quality implementation of programs.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Required:
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree (preferred Master’s degree) in Agriculture/Social Science/Social Work/NaturalResource or relevant subject from recognized university with minimum 7 years of practical experience in humanitarian context
- Excellent English & Nepali written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, people management, coaching, mentoring, and team building skills.
- Strong problem identification, analytical and solving skills.
- Strong competency in proposal & report writing, monitoring and budgeting skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer applications including use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with communities and local governments, INGOs, donors and other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members in a cross- cultural environment.
- Demonstrates cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Ability to live and work in difficult remote areas and travel extensively.
- Ability to maintain performance despite intense workload and work pace.
- Committed to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send in their complete ‘Curriculum Vitae (CV) with statement of purpose’ quoting only the Job Title as the subject by 14 December 2016 before 17:00 hours to the address mentioned below:
World Vision International Nepal
People & Culture Department
Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case