The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible to assist the Head Chef for overall kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the kitchen operation and administration.
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Supervising respective kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee kitchen operations, which must be done in accordance with the organization’s standards.
- Cook food and prepare top quality menu items in timely manner.
- Ensure all food items are prepared as per standard recipes while maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
- Ensure that the kitchen maintains the highest standard of cleanliness following proper food safety guidelines.
- Able to make recommendations to the Head Chef regarding succession planning.
- Stock levels within the kitchen areas are sufficiently stocked and that pars are maintained.
- Train kitchen staff on recipe preparation and to consult with Head Chef on needed adjustments of recipes.
- Ensure that chefs are always in clean, tidy uniforms and are always presentable to be in guest view.
- All food preparation equipment is being safely and properly used and correctly cleaned and maintained.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Keep updated operations manuals for all culinary operations.
- Ensure that all relevant banquet set-ups are prepared ahead of guest’s arrival and in adherence with AMA standards.
- Ensure that you have the thorough knowledge of all the chemicals used in the kitchen as per the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Observe restaurant operations and make operating recommendations to the Head Chef & F&B Manager.
- To delegate responsibilities to subordinates as required.
- Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain staff moral with motivated and positive feedback on work performance.
- Ensure the respective kitchen department adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all the food preparation equipment is being used safely and correctly and that is cleaned and maintained.
- Initiate relevant maintenance reports and work orders supported by the respective follow up of those items mentioned.
- To ensure that all food products received into the kitchen are of required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
- Creative menu planning and correct food preparation for each outlet including banquets.
- Prepare the daily, weekly, and monthly inventory and consumption report.
- Weekly work schedules, and leaves are administered.
Inventory & Budgeting Responsibilities
- Assists Heads Chef to generate the month end inventory closing report.
- Consult with Head Chef for seasonal adjustments for par lists.
- Ensure that the Department’s overall operational budgets are strictly adhered too.
- Ensure that all recipes and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly.
- Ensure that all food items are prepared as standard recipe cards maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.