Location: Based at the Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Jhamsikhel and its peripheral hospitals/units
Responsible to: Consultant IT / CTO and Administration
Coordination with: Entire OUCRUNP team
Purpose of the job position:
The IT Support Officer’s role is to support and maintain in-house IT systems, desktops, network, printers, MFC, software, office 365 etc. This includes installing, diagnosing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and software while ensuring optimal workstation performance and users in active directory. The person will also do preventive maintenance task in a timely and accurate fashion. Also, have main role to provide end user training and assistance where required and should follow OUCRU programme policy. This position also helps HR for IT induction and resignation process.
Responsibilities of the post holder
The IT Support Officer will report to the Consultant IT CTO and will be responsible for:
- Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, network, Office 365 and have working knowledge in Active Directory Environment and operates a multi-platform IT environment of health research centers;
- Keep logs and records of daily accomplished task and report it in timely manner.
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Installs software and repairs hardware and peripherals;
- Test newly procured IT systems;
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate;
- Troubleshoot and repairs IT systems, databases and web pages;
- Administering Active Directory and other required user accounts;
- Sets up and submits production jobs and edits and debugs computer output;
- Ensure of business continuity with security and disaster recovery process are in minimum standard;
- Accomplish other tasks as per consultant IT CTO and administration requirements;
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Assist to store unit for inventory of IT equipments and softwares.
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- If necessary, liaise with other OCCRU programmes or third-party support and IT industry vendors.