Time Bound Contract - Six months to One year
- Support and maintain the information technology hardware infrastructure of field office such as desktop computers, laptop computers, printers, servers, office automation and networking equipment.
- Support and maintain the remote office network systems including local area network system, data cabling system and wide area network system et..
- Resolve replication and mail issues with IBM Notes client to ensure the effective and smooth transfer of various offices.
- Support and maintain Antivirus solution according to existing partnership policies and ensure that virus definitions are updated regularly.
- Provide onsite initial support for IT hardware issues and resolve the issues at relief office level if possible. If the issues need further escalation to other units or external vendors.
- Provide on-site initial support for issues with standard software packages and resolve the issues at remote office level. For World Vision specific customize software systems, the issues may need further escalation to other units or external vendors and need to work closely work with Network and Systems Administrator until the final resolution.
- Coordinate and assist in training staff in the use of computer hardware and standard software packages and establish a consultative relationship with all staff, so as to provide staff with advice on information technology.
- Perform regular assessment of hardware and software needs for field offices and consult with respective managers and coordinate with for necessary procurements.
- Manage inventory and assets list of IT and office automation hardware systems in perform regular IT audits on computers systems in relief offices to ensure IT policy and software license compliance for staff.
- Perform regular backup of business critical data at network level according to backup policies and also educate users to perform individual backup at personal level.
- Prepare monthly activity report for and send to the immediate supervisor in the last week of every month.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by immediate supervisor from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in any field and have strong knowledge in about computer/IT.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the computer related areas.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows client platforms.
- Basic knowledge networking & security protocols and concepts including TCP/IP, LAN/WAN topologies, Routing, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Anti-virus, VPN, Wireless networking and cabling technologies.
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes/Domino client environment preferred.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting and monitoring of server & network infrastructure hardware and software,
- Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well orally and writing in both native language and English. Requires to interact with all levels of staff and management and the ability to communicate with and train non-technical users in the use of technical systems in a cross-cultural setting.
- Adaptability and flexibility. Availability to work odd hours, when the need arises.
- Excellent English & Nepali communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications including use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Have positive learning attitude and concern for the poor and vulnerable people
- Have high level of integrity and honesty, self-motivated, confident, and independent
- Committed to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement
Candidates fulfilling the criteria and interested in working with us need to send their updated CV/Resume by 20 September 2015 to the email email@example.com
For further information kindly call 9801157152 (Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm). Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure. WVI-NER reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
Note: Please specify the position title in subject that you are applying for.