Report to: Managing Director (MD)
Supervises to : Overall activities and employees of organization
Mode of contract: Rolling annual contract with a probation period of six months. The annual contract will be renewable
General scope of the position:
General Manager will be responsible for providing overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of the organizational activities ensuring consistency aligning with company strategy, vision and mission and goals. He/She will be responsible for effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organizing, and decision making to attain desirable revenue generating results for the organization. To work as an executive who has overall responsibility for managing both the revenue and cost elements of a company. Overseeing the thematic senior executive team and all operational policies, business administration, operations, investment plans, revenue generation plans, and more.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Construction Management
- Human Resources
- Company Secretary
- Plans, develops and implements organizations’ policies and strategies, maximizing the standard of service and attaining revenue goals
- Responsible for market analysis, business procurements and execution with experience in tendering, estimation, technical analysis of construction and overall project management
- Overall leadership and mentoring of all departments in meeting quality standards and bringing business
- Pro-actively lead to develop marketing strategies and generate leads in the sales and develop business opportunities
- Identifying information sources for business growth and developing “center for influences” through building relationships and networks. Be up to date with the market conditions, activity and sources of market intelligence within the real estate business industry
- Communicating, on behalf of the company, with shareholders, customers, government entities and the public as and when needed
- Assessing possible risks to the organization and ensuring they are monitored and minimized
- Working closely with engineers and technical teams in establishing, maintaining and recommending quality standards
- Creating a good working environment where staff are well motivated and coordinated in achieving organization objectives and goals. Monitoring team performance as well as identifying training requirements to ensure staff have the necessary skills to do the job
- Act as a “Company Secretary” to the Organization and carry out the responsibilities as assigned
- Preparation of annual business plan and budget by providing input into expenses, revenue projections and resource requirement. Presenting and documenting high quality reports to the board and other stakeholders on regular basis.
- Responsible for the quality, timeliness and presentation of work and ensuring a high degree of professionalism is maintained
- Handle the strategic planning of the business and map out a 6-month, 12-month, and 24-month strategic goal for each department in consultation with the board
- Identifies and implements business opportunities, manages operating costs, negotiates contracts, enhances adherence to applicable laws, writes inspection reports and markets projects.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with service providers, project owners and investors.
- Maintaining adherence and compliance to relevant federal and state laws and institutional policies for successful implementation and completion of the project.
- Undertaking all necessary internal administration associated with the position as required in a timely manner.