The Finance and Operations Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s financial and operations functions of Daayitwa. Reporting to the Executive Chairperson, working closely with the management team and interacting with the Board of Directors, the position will develop and strengthen organization’s institutional capacity to deliver results.
Strengthen finance and accounting system
- Assess project’s' financial situation by gathering information regarding asset allocation, savings, tax planning, and evaluating risk tolerance.
- Develop financial strategies, establish financial goals, and devise appropriate financial plans.
- Provide financial plans and options to the project manager; explaining advantages and risks; providing explanations; alleviating concerns; answering questions.
- Monitor financial situation of ongoing projects by tracking changes in expenditures, analyzing financial plan results, identifying and evaluating new financial strategies as well as recommending changes in goals and plans.
- Generate financial management information by preparing financial status analyses and reports and discuss with management team
- Set up and implement financial management system, including strategies, budgetary action plans and regular financial forecasts and reports
- Implement internal controls to ensure costs are within budgetary levels and organizational assets are protected
- Support the program teams in preparing project proposals and creating impact reports for development partners
- Support development and implementation of organization’s governance policies in collaboration with the Executive Chairperson and program teams
- Provide feedback to the Executive Chairperson and program teams on the strategic direction and operational effectiveness of overall organization and individual programs
- Set up and maintain petty cash system.
- Review all accounts payable, including payroll as well as signing and delivery of checks.
- Liaise with banks and make monthly reconciliation of bank statement
Strengthen the operations system
- Coordinate administrative functions, including human resource, payroll, and procurement
- Oversee office functioning and supervise support staff
- Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions such as IT and knowledge management
- Maintain office inventory and updated asset lists and provide guidance for field offices to do the same
- Negotiate, finalize, award and administer purchase orders and contracts issued to vendors for procurement of goods and services
- Provide operational support in organizing public events
- Provide administrative support of general office administration duties such as procurement, annual maintenance contract and records management systems etc
Strengthen the legal system
- Liaise with auditors, tax agents, banks, lawyers and statutory bodies to maintain legal standing of Daayitwa
- Maintain liaison with government departments, inclusive of Social Welfare Council, Social Security Department, and Tax Department, to ensure compliance with their requirements
- Register all employees with the appropriate government agency and ensure that proper income taxes and social charges are withheld