The position includes financial and administration management for CBM Country Co-ordination Office, Nepal and ensures that International Office requirements are met and information provided to the management is appropriate and value adding to the needs of the mission, in compliance with statutory requirements & global CBM guidelines.
- Abide by and display CBM core values in all aspects of work
- Flexible approach to work demands
- Ability to lead teams and collaborate with staff at all levels
- Willingness to learn, change and adapt
- Well Organized with the ability to multitask
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good to very Good Communication Skills in English (oral &verbal)
- Proven analytical and planning skills.
- Excellent Accounting and Financial Management skills.
- Excellent Problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications such as word, excel & PPT.
- Computer literacy with a sound knowledge of accounting software & spreadsheet programs.
- Awareness about current Income tax laws & policies with respect to the development sector.
- .Advanced training in financial management in the development sector
- Hands on experience of working with ERP soft wares like Navision and Agresso ; experience of working with local accounting software like Tally and FAMAS
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA).
- Certification in accountancy packages •
- Advanced course in accounting principles.
- Advanced course in financial management.
- CA/ACCA will be preferred
- At least three years’ experience in finance and administration in any international organization.
- At least five years’ experience in finances and administration in the development sector.
Learning & Educational opportunities:
- Upgrading skills with advanced courses in finance & management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Country Office Finance Responsibilities
- Ensure strong internal control environment and compliance against all internal policies
- Ensure bank related transactions are carried out smoothly
- Ensure assets (both current and non-current) are safeguarded
- Overall responsibility on salary related matters (salary disbursement, computation of necessary deductions )
- Ensuring statutory/other deductions before salary payments, timely deposit of statutory payments to respective authorities, preparing statements/filing returns for statutory compliance before due dates
- Make sure that statutory and donor audits are carried out in time and submitted to relevant agencies
- Ensure that all project related reimbursements/claims are accounted properly, supporting documents available, provide reports as required by International Office/Regional Office
- Ensure proper data management of NCO including proper back up management and knowledge management
- Finalise Country Office budget in coordination with the Country Coordinator
- Ensure proper filling of all documentary evidences
Admin / HR Responsibilities
- Supervise and support to the finance and administration assistant.
- Ensure procurements are efficiently and effectively carried out as per the procurement policy
- Ensure vehicle management using vehicle log books and maintenance logs
- Act as a focal person for Country Office Human Resource management and all related functions like staff time keeping , staff benefits and leave records
- Ensure safekeeping of all Country Office legal documents and records
- Liaise with SWC and GON agencies for issues pertaining to agreements and various evaluations
Program Finance Responsibilities
- Ensure financial monitoring and capacity building of all NCO partners
- Supervise Program Finance Associate in his daily duties
- Call up funds for Country Office and all partners and ensure smooth cash flow for the operations
- Finalize year end checklist of the partners in coordination with the program staffs.
- Ensure the deadlines related to financial statement, checklist and share point upload are met
Internal Contacts External contacts
- Programme Department, Regional Office, Country Coordinator Auditors, Government departments, IO, Partners, Member associates of CBM & Service Providers.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. However, it is inevitable that responsibilities and tasks may from time to time be varied and unpredictable. It is expected of the staff to respond with a flexible approach when tasks arise which are not specifically covered in this job description. Should an additional responsibility or task become a regular part of an employee’s job, the job description will be amended in consultation with the employee.
Interview will be held on 20th March 2017
Interested applicants are requested to submit their latest CV along with a covering letter stating their suitability for the position to email@example.com by 16th March 2017. Telephone enquiry will not be entertained. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the further process.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to explore this opportunity.
The job holder adheres to CBM beliefs as well as values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy and CBM Code of Conduct.