Scope of the position:
Under the direction of the Project Coordinator, the Technical Coordinator will be responsible for the engineering and construction processes and management embedded in the project activities, including but not limited to, the reconstructions and rehabilitation of schools and water schemes and the organisation of masons training.
Main Responsibilities / Duties:
- Ensure quality conception, implementation and supervision of the construction project and ensure technical guidance and management of Help field technicians on a timely, effective and high quality manner.
- Know perfectly, respect, and ensure strict compliance with the National Building Code and earthquake resistant techniques.
- Prepare technical drawing, Bill of Quantities, cost estimates, technical specifications, working method related for each projects.
- Prepare and monitor tender process.
- Monitor, supervise and inspect construction sites ensuring compliance to construction standards and technical requirements
- Prepare, organize and monitor masons training and safe building sensitization
- Ensure project documentation of each activities
- Liaise and coordinate with consortium partners and implementing partners to ensure effective delivery of the activities
- Assure timely reporting on progress and challenges as per organization’s needs
- Monitor construction works undertaken by contractors and/or partner agencies to ensure that the structures comply with quality standards and approved designs
- Participate in relevant cluster meetings or other relevant technical groups
- Liaise with relevant local authorities, community leaders, CBOs, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure good coordination and proper and timely execution of planned activities
- Represent Help at district level as needed and develop/enhance key networking and partnership with relevant actors.
- Participate in relevant meetings with the local and district authorities, cluster meetings or other relevant technical groups at field level
- Maintain regular communication with the Central Office, partner agencies and ensure that relevant information is fed into the project teams and to the Project Coordinator.
- Monitor the work of partner agencies, assess the capacities and provide support when needed
- Handle administrative, financial, logistical issues in compliance with organization’s rules and regulations.
- Coordinates day-to day activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years of working experienceor Intermediate in Civil Engineering with minimum 10 years working experience, (Master’s Degree with 3 years of working experience preferred )
- Minimum 3 year experience in design, project preparation, cost estimate and project implementation, site supervision of building’s construction projects, water supply systems, sanitation, shelter and social infrastructure construction projects
- Extensive experience in management of contractors, supervising construction and infrastructure works.
- Very strong ability in civil engineering designs and drawings
- Excellent knowledge on structural engineering calculation, construction cost estimate, bill of quantity, tender process.
- Working experience with UN, INGO or international donors will be an asset
- Knowledge of physical, chemical and microbiological testing of water will also be an asset
- Sound knowledge of earthquake resilient building features
- Good knowledge of Excel, and technical drawing software (Autocad).
- Ability to train, manage and monitor a team and to delegate the responsibility.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and good communication skills.
- Strong written and spoken English skills [report writing, presentation and inter personnel communication]
- Advanced computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel in particular). Knowledge on MS-Project is an asset.
- Willing to work in humanitarian programmes and to travel to remote & difficult areas
- Ability to facilitate trainings and workshops for technical staff, artisan and community members
- Capacity and keen interest to undertake capacity building activities for partner agencies and communities
Applications are invited from Nepali citizen and needed to apply with cover letter and their updated CV by 14th May 2016 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only the short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.