Reporting to: MANAGING DIRECTOR/OPERATION MANAGER
Responsible for directing the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of food items. Plan and price menu items, orders supplies, and keep records and accounts. Supervise and participate in cooking and baking and the preparation of foods. Also responsible for participating in checking of all purchased supplies for quality and account for each delivered item.
- Responsible for Food Production and Quality Control in the Kitchen.
- To make sure that food prepared is presented in an appealing and attractive manner.
- Proper menu planning in line with the guest’s requirement is made in consultation with the management team.
- Ensure that employees are well groomed with their nails, hair and uniforms.
- Inspect frequently to ensure that the production area is clean and tidy.
- Maintain desirable food cost without reducing the standard portion, weight and quality. Set minimum stock of inventory for perishable items and recommend periodic purchase of seasonal / specific items.
- Prepare kitchen budget twice a year with innovative culinary ideas and introduction of new food items in the kitchen.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipments to kitchen staff.
- Report to the Maintenance Department for any breakdown of the kitchen equipment and get them repaired or replaced instantly.
- Ensure that a duty roaster is drawn and followed strictly and adequate manpower is deputed in the kitchen.
- Carry out a market survey once a month and identify any promotional event taking place in other competitive Food Courts.
- Attend to guest services promptly so that complains regarding to production and presentation are reduced to a minimum.
- Ensure that breakage, wastage and pilferage are at a minimum.
- Hold a regular Departmental meeting and apprise to the Managing Director and Manager of its outcome.
- Prepare monthly reports and hand it over to the Manager.
- Ensure that First Aid Kit is placed in the department and replenished.
- Submit staff performance appraisal forms of all kitchen employees annually to the Human Resources Department.
- Ensure that disciplinary actions against the employees for their misconduct are taken soon according to the Disciplinary Procedures code.
- Ensure that food inventory is taken at the end of each month.
- Food items produced must be stored in a hygienic manner; so there are no chances of cross contamination.
- Send all requisition form and purchase order to the concerned department.
- Assist the Store Keeper in the selection of vegetables and provision items supplier.
- Perform any other related ad hoc duties assigned by the Management.
- Ensure efficient use and management of time.
- Sign relevant forms.
- Contribute new ideas and offer feedback to Reporting Manager.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Support the implementation of new policies and procedures issued by Management from time to time.
- Exhibit a positive and involved team attitude to all and promote positive relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust and mutual respect.
- Perform all assigned duties efficiently, technically correct, follows Company policies, rules and regulations, requests of Superiors, adhere to procedures and achieve a high standard leading to company satisfaction.
- Update one and follow security/fire/safety procedures according to Company’s rules and regulations.
- Attend divisional/departmental meeting and training when requested.
- Assist with other duties as determined by immediate superiors from time to time.
- Promote the company in a positive manner.
- Deliver high quality, courteous and informative services.
- Maintain focus and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate speed, accuracy and efficiency in tasks.
- Make decisions and solve problems within set rules and procedures.
- Confer with Reporting Manager, as required.
- Achieve the highest standards in providing production services.
- Be approachable, personable and helpful.
- Maintain excellent work standards and the desired image of the company.
- Participate in periodic performance appraisal.
Qualification, Education and Attributes:
- BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate
- Proven working experience as a head chef
- Communication and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Knowledge of food handling procedures and food ingredients.
- Knowledge of store, service and preparation of food.
- Knowledge of international food terminology.
- Knowledge of Safety & Hygiene precautions relevant to this work.
- Knowledge of Centre Kitchen and Store.
- Awareness and compliance with company policies and procedures, essential.
- Report writing skills.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic conflict resolution skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Manpower and roster skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Able to take instruction and follow procedures.
- Attentiveness to details.
- High level of manual dexterity (the ability to perform most manual tasks ambidextrously).
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, often under pressure.
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated resume to email@example.com