Forward Looking, an NGO working for improving the lives of people with disabilities (PWDs), has been implementing the Empowerment Program of Persons with Disabilities (EPP) project with grant support from Felm, Nepal.
The project aims to contribute to creating an environment for a dignified life for people with disabilities (PWDs), enabling self-reliance and inclusive participation in community activities and services, PWDs acting as change agents for the rights of all PWDs, increasing income and employment rate of PWDs has been implementing project activities from 2018 until 2021 in the targeted four districts, namely Dhading, Kaski, Banke, and Kailali.
The project has the following outcomes and outputs;
Outcome 1: PWDs are included in community activities and services in five targeted districts
Output 1.1: Increased awareness of community members on the rights of PWDs in four targeted districts
Output 1.2: Duty-bearers in targeted municipalities and districts take action for the realization of the rights of PWDs
Outcome 2: PWDs in four targeted districts act as change agents for the rights of all PWDs
Output 2.1 Increased knowledge and skills of PWDs on advocacy for their rights in four targeted districts
Output 2.2: Increased capacity of FL to support local partners and empower PWDs
Outcome 3: Increased income and employment rate of PWDs in five targeted districts
Output 3.1: Increased vocational skills/technical of PWDs for work-life
Output 3.2: Increased income of PWDs in four targeted districts
[Detail logical framework with all logic level indicators of the project will be provided to the consulting firm after the agreement of the assignment, which can be taken as reference for designing field visits, data collection, designing study tools so that all necessary information is gathered and analyzed in the final evaluation report]
Purpose of the assignment
The main purpose of the assignment is to carry out an independent final evaluation of the Empowerment Program of Persons with Disabilities (EPP) Project funded by Felm Nepal and implemented by Forward Looking Nepal and provide findings and conclusions that are based on robust and transparent evidence.
The specific objectives of the final evaluation are:
- Assess to what extent the project has achieved its expected results as defined in the project log frame within the project period.
- To assess and track the performance of the project activities against the plan and provide feedback to the project.
- To analyze how relevant the project activities and approach are to meet the project objectives.
- Explore which areas of the project went well and which areas needed to be improved and identify what could have been done to achieve better project results;
- To identify any intended/unintended (positive/negative) results of the project and assess the impacts of the project on PWDs;
- To identify lessons learned as well as the sustainability of the results and draw recommendations for future work.
Qualification and experience of the consultant(s)
The Independent Evaluator should be a suitably qualified and experienced consultant or consulting firm. The consultant profile should include:
- The evaluation should be led by a professional with a Master's degree in Social Science, development studies, or other relevant fields.
- The consultant should have a minimum of 5 years of good experience in participatory research methods and tools. S/he should have competency in managing and organizing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data and information.
- The consultant should have experience in the evaluation of projects related to PWDs, livelihood, education, child protection, income generation projects, and knowledge in policies, practices, and available government structure in the inclusion of PWD's.
- S/he shall have the ability to design and plan the evaluation approaches and research methodologies, including quantitative and qualitative research methods. Where feasible and proportionate, the person or team should include skills and expertise required to design, plan and conduct evaluation, potentially using experimental or quasi-experimental techniques;
- The Individual or firm must be PAN/VAT registered
- Consultant(s) should have a comprehensive understanding of the tools development and analytical report writing skills.
- Language capabilities: Good in English writing and local language
Submission of Technical and Financial Proposals
The potential and interested firms/consultants must submit technical and financial proposals sharing their keenness to conduct the Final Evaluation of Empowerment Program of Persons with Disabilities (EPP) Project in the email address ([email protected] or [email protected]) with the subject line “Application for EPP Evaluation”. The deadline for the submission of technical and financial proposals is 19th September, 2021.
- The technical proposal along with the CVs of key personnel of the team
- Organization Documents (in case of firm)
- Financial proposal
- Cover letter expressing interest and potentiality for the final evaluation
For the detailed TOR, please CLICK HERE