Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international development organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health, especially the Right to Safe Abortion. We seek to eliminate Unsafe Abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to Comprehensive Abortion Care, including contraception and related reproductive health information and care.
Ipas Nepal is looking for an independent Audit firm (A class) to conduct the statutory audit for Ipas Nepal program in Nepal and review the organization financial transactions, financial practice, procurement, human resources, program implementation, internal policy, donor requirements and compliance requirements.
The audit should address accounting and financial document of:
- Accounting books and records
- All internal control process and highlight risk areas
- Project Management and Reporting Procedures
The main objective of the audit is to provide a true and fair judgement of the expenditure incurred and financial practices adopted by IPAS Nepal for its yearly budget. The audit must ascertain whether:
- Expenses are adequately supported by original/approved copy proofs and have been properly accounted for
- Expenses have been incurred during the audited period
- Supporting documents attached to payment vouchers are adequately prepared, authorized and present proof of purchase
- For project assets, proof of existence via sighting a project asset register and sighting asset
- For salaries, employment contracts agree to the salaries charged
- Identify any deficiencies in the internal control structure
- Expenses reported by the implementing partners have all the supporting documents adequately prepared and authorized and are in accordance with the partnering agreement. (This can be done by random selection of few partners)
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
- The auditor must be completely impartial and independent from all aspects of management or financial interests in the entity being audited or those of its implementing/supervising agency or directly related entities. The auditor should not, during the period covered by the audit nor during the undertaking of the audit, be employed by, serve as director for, or have any financial or close business relationships with any senior participant in the management of the entity. Auditor must disclose any relationship that might possibly compromise his/her independence
- The auditor should be experienced in applying audit standard of Nepal. The auditor must employ adequate staff with appropriate professional qualifications and suitable experience with audit standard of Nepal, including experience in auditing the accounts of INGO’s
- Curriculum Vitae (CVs) should be provided by the principal of the firm of auditors who would be responsible for signing the opinion, together with the CVs of managers, supervisors and key personnel proposed as part of the audit team. CVs should include details on audits carried out by the applicable staff, including ongoing assignments indicating capability and capacity to undertake the audit
- Registered Audit firm (A class) with minimum 5 years of auditing experience working with INGOs are encouraged to apply
All interested firms seeking to obtain the further details of TOR, please CLICK HERE
Interested firms are required to submit their technical proposal and financial proposal in two separate closed envelopes.
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) should be provided by the principal of the firm of auditors who would be responsible for signing the opinion, together with the CVs all those proposed in the team. CVs should include details on audits carried out by the applicable staff, including ongoing assignments indicating capability and capacity to undertake the audit.
The firms are to send their company profile, copy of valid company registration certificate, copy of VAT/PAN registered certificate, and latest tax clearance document in closed envelope.
The envelope should clearly mark- Subject- Request for Proposal for Audit Service-Ipas Nepal.
Submission Deadline: December 11th, 2019
Submission Address: Ipas Nepal, G.P.O Box 11621, Kathmandu, Nepal
Ipas Nepal reserves the right to reject any submission and make the final selection decision.