The Strategic Partnership Right Here Right Now among Rutgers, The Asian-Pacific Resource & Research Centre for Women (ARROW), CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality (CHOICE), dance4life, Humanist Institute for Co-operation with Developing Countries (Hivos), The International Planned Parenthood Federation Africa Region (IPPFAR), Latin American and Caribbean Women's Health Network (LACWHN) and the Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs addresses the limited protection and respect and the hindered fulfillment of the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights. The partnership aims to strengthen cooperation between different complementary types of CSOs, including youth-led, youth-serving, advocacy oriented and CSOs involved in program implementation that advocate for complementary issues such as CSE, SRHR, HIV and AIDS, marriage equality, human rights, children’s rights, health, education, women’s empowerment and men’s engagement.
RHRN Nepal consist of 15 platform organization and YUWA is the host organization for Right Here Right Now coalition and has been working on national level advocacy focusing especially in Safe abortion, Marriage Equality and Comprehensive sexuality education.
Objectives and Scope of the Audit
1. The auditor should be registered with the national institute for auditors locally. The national institute for auditors preferably is a full member of the IFAC
2. The objective of the audit is to obtain sufficient evidence on the reliability and accuracy of the 2019 RHRN platform consolidated financial Report in accordance with donor guidelines and agreement
3. The audit report shall give reasonable assurance that the costs declared by the platform in the RHRN platform consolidated financial report actually occurred, are accurately recorded and eligible (compliant with budget and project conditions) and that all other income have been declared, in accordance with the agreement
4. The audit will be conducted in accordance with the relevant donor guidelines. The audit for financial transactions during year 2019
5. The auditor will pay special attention to the following:
- Whether the project funds were used in accordance with the donor requirements, and consonant with the agreement
- Whether the relevant and necessary supporting documents, records, and books of accounts have been kept and in line with the standard accounting system. Or whether there is a clear linkage between the accounting records and the financial reports prepared and shared with the donor
- Whether the accounting records have been prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices and relevant to donor guidelines. The auditor will be expected to give a true and fair view of the financial position (resources and expenditure) of the program
- Whether there was compliance with the financial covenants as per the agreement with the donor
- The auditor (s) will express an opinion on RHRN Nepal financial report and prepare a “Management Letter," that will highlight the following among others and also needs to certify the RHRN Nepal financial report in the template provided by the consortium
- Comments and/or observations on the accounting records, systems, and internal controls that were examined during the audit
- Deficiencies or weakness in the accounting systems and internal controls and make recommendation for improvement
- Compliance with each financial covenant in the relevant financing agreement
- Matters that have come to their attention during the audit which might have a significant impact on the operations of the organization; and
- Management's comments on the audit report
Deliverables and timeline:
The auditors need to sign Letter of competence and independence and acknowledge of instructions by 31st December 2019. The audit is expected to be conducted after the approval of the financial report by the consortium i.e last week of the February 2020 and the report must be submitted to the consortium by 31st March 2020.
Location of Assignment:
- The assignment will be carried out in 13 platform organizations at Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Itahari and Mugu
YUWA will do the adjudication after the proposal submission deadline. The selection criteria will include the following:
- Eligibility – ICAN membership is a must.
- Experience of your firm in relation to the scope of audits for I/NGOs.
- A list of similar I/NGOs served by your firm.
- Your staff assignments and availability to complete the audit on a timely basis
- Participation of senior audit personnel assigned to the engagement
- Depth of Technical Resources (CV of the assigned team leader)
- Proposed fee for the engagement
- Detailed audit plan/methodology including your approach to risk and fraud detection
YUWA as a grant manager of RHRN nepal reserves the right to reject any and all proposals submitted
Proposal Submission deadline:
- Proposal must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org within 3rd December 2019.
- Only shortlisted audit firms will be contacted.