TEAM/PROGRAMME: Programme Livelihoods Department
Type of Contract:- Fixed Term till February 2019
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 1 – a CRB check (Standard level) or equivalent overseas police check will be required for this position. The responsibilities of the post may require less contact with or access to children or young people
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invested over 29 million US dollars in 2012 to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Overall management of Employment and Enterprise Development Programs+ Information/Communication +Network at the district and enterprise development of Nepal Community Resilience Program- Sabal. Determine compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and donor requirements.
Employment and Enterprise
- Overall responsibility to ensure quality works in providing vocational trainings and employment linkage, enterprise development training and services, linkage with the market, supporting to introduce appropriate technology, address safe migration strategy, maintain database of all training programs in terms of inputs, training delivery and total employment generation and the income to the pre-selected youths as per the annual plan of SABAL in the designated district
- Coordination with other thematic group members (and institutions) in the district to determine input/output for pragmatic collaboration among different thematic groups
- Organize Rapid Market Assessment to identify skills gaps for employment
- Organize Rapid Appraisal for enterprise development
- Be responsible to assess and identify, select and deploy possible service providers (institute and/or individuals) for the implementation of vocational training, employment services, enterprise development training, SIYB and other related training in the district.
- Follow precise vocational training implementation processes for pre/during/post training phases using Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and approaches
- Responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, controlling and periodical reporting of all EE related works and all oversight tasks for designated district/s.
- Recommend to STA-EE to hire Service Providers (SPs)
- Guide and supervise Service Providers (SPs) to conduct income, employment and enterprise development verifications.
- Organize apprenticeship/OJT/IP methods for all trainees of the vocational training
- Organize skill test from NSTB for all vocational training completers
- Take part together with Partner NGOs (PNGOs) and monitor all selection process and enrolment of trainees ensuring inclusion approach as indicated by SABAL project
- Collect, document and manage data of all training programs, beneficiaries, SPs, instructors and other related components for the use at local levels
- Guide SPs to maintain good database system
- Provide business counselling and business plan up-gradation to existing entrepreneurs while maintaining and providing value chain information to them
- Use precise monitoring and supervision tools and approaches as guided by STA-EE
- Write field-based process and progress reports that has to be submitted to STA-EE, SABAL
Employment and Enterprise Role
- Assist STA-EE to develop concept and approaches to address the issues relating to (a) quality training, (b) PCM functioning, (c) in-country and foreign employment, (d) overall market scenario (demand and supply) and (e) Per capita costing.
- Be resourceful to share information and experiences with SABAL and other colleagues, SPs and related professionals while maintaining professionalism and rightful channels
- Proactively meet with local representatives and different stakeholders to keep constant rapport and possible synergies
- Be proactive to fulfil responsibility towards successful implementation of SABAL project
- Manage EE related data/information and provide inputs to organize any marketing related leaflets/brochures/FM-coverage/etc. at the district.
- Be proactive in promoting Sabal images through diligence, commitment and quality works
- Employment and Enterprise Coordinator is expected to work closely with other Service Providers (SPs), youth, colleagues, and any concerned individuals.
- Be part of team and help to promote team work while providing professional inputs and support.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- At least Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in Management, Social Science, development studies or related stream with experience in Rural Livelihood based development, vocational training, enterprise creation, and livelihood base income generation/poverty reduction program.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years of professional experience in Project management implementations, Livelihood base development in relevant field
- Familiar with vocational training, enterprise development and identify the skill needs of the community
- Demonstrate innovative ideas and compatible and pragmatic operational strategies and approaches quality training and market scenario
- Good interpersonal skills
- Identify quality training applicable for in-country and foreign employment
- Coaching, mentoring
- Enterprise development market linkage for employment creation and enterprise development
- Supervision, Monitoring and Reporting of Employment and enterprise
- Knowledge and experience of working with CTEVT and MEDEP/MEDPA
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Additional job responsibilities
- The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.