Purpose: The position holder will be responsible to provide technical expertise and guidance to implement overall education program and Karnali Education Project. Under the supervision of Area Manager (AM) and Head of Education. S/he will work closely with Area Office Team, and also the Project Team while planning and implementing the project activity towards in the fields. S/he will ensure that the implementation of Project activities is realized according to the country strategy and education project objectives. S/he supports the AM in ensuring effective and timely implementation of all Project activities, with special attention to providing overall coordination and facilitation at inter-agency, municipal, district and provincial levels.
Term and Location: Fixed term employment till 30 June 2022 based in Karnali Field Office, Jumla
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- Master’s Degree in Education or any relevant field
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in designing/managing Education portfolios.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of International and National Education program, projects and policies
- In depth knowledge and experience on policy provisions in education at federal, provincial and local levels, understanding of gaps and scope of influencing
- Proven experience of managing team, budgets and other management domains
- Experience of development and humanitarian issues affecting children, women and families
- Up to date on various project design and evaluation models and government program and policies
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, a variety of team members and external contacts through good written and spoken communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of the socio/political economic and cultural issues of Nepal.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in successfully using key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying, movement building, or policy development
- Good understanding of the development and NGO sector.
- Lead project planning and implementation of overall education program with special responsibility on Karnali Education Project
- Lead drafting and finalization of Education program sector proposals working with program team at Field & Country Office along with partner staff and Business Development team at Country Office
- Provide technical support to partners and local governments to formulate gender transformative education plans contributing to gender sensitive and inclusive education contents and pedagogy
- Provide technical support to authorities of provincial Education Sector Master Plan Contribute to develop strategies that support, model and advocate for disability and social inclusion in education and reduce the barriers for children with disabilities (CWDs) to ensure a welcoming learning environment
- Lead project planning and implementation of Education Program and Karnali Education Project covering Dolpa, Jumla and Kalikot districts
- Ensure project cycle is followed for each project including kick off meetings, drafting of project outlines, implementation of activities as per detail implementation plan (DIP), mid and end term evaluation
- Ensure establishment and operation of gender responsive mechanisms in targeted schools to report and manage cases of bullying, sexual abuse and violence and harassments in close coordination with Child Protection Program Coordinator and Head of Child Protection
- Review Partners proposal/ provide feedback before forwarding it to Head of Education Program at Country Office
- Review project documents and progress report to ensure activities carried out are of quality and implemented punctually
- Identify risks and challenges in the project implementation, management and provide solution to achieve project goal / results.
- Identify the training needs/gap of Plan and partner staff and provide/recommend training plans to develop their technical expertise. Monitor their progress through an annual capacity assessment
- Conduct regular reviews of budgets and work plans to ensure compliance with donor specific requirements and address any changes to the original plan in time
- Work closely with thematic heads and sponsorship department at FO level to ensure Sponsored Children and their families, especially girls, are benefitted through projects implemented by Plan, the local government and other organizations working in the area
- Work closely with Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Team to carry out baseline and end line surveys on the basis of key project indicators of Karnali Education Project
- Ensure effective project monitoring by taking necessary corrective actions that are being followed up and reviewed periodically
- Work closely with MER Coordinator at Field Office and also with ECD and Education Program MER Specialist, and the Head of Education at Country Office to ensure that implementation of activities is done in line with M&E requirements
- Liaise with Karnali Provincial Government, mainly with Ministry of Social Development and the office of the provincial education directorate for effecting project implementation, policy dialogue and influencing
- Work closely with Field Office team and partners to achieve program quality as per Program Quality Policy, building better partnership-global guideline, global approach to program and influence.
- Assess the partner’s capacity in terms of technical skills for project delivery, design a training plan to enhance their capacity and monitor it regularly in coordination with Area Manager and Head of Education.
- Lead sectoral networking and representation and build relationships and alliances with relevant networks, government bodies, federations and other agencies at province, district and local level