TEAM/PROGRAMME: POD Field Office
POST TYPE: Fixed term till December 2018
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people for better of children, women and poor and marginalized people. S/he will be accountable on the child safeguarding policy while treating with children.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Save the Children works in 18 districts of Mid and Far Western Field Office with a current staff complement of more than 100 staff.
Under the guidance and supervision of Deputy Field Program Manager and technical guidance of Thematic Coordinators/ managers – Integrated Projects, s/he will be responsible to overall management, technical support and quality assurance of project components in the based districts. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring quality benchmark of the project and work closely with Media, Communication Documentation and Reporting Officer (MCDR) in reporting and information management of the project. At times, s/he is responsible to develop capacity of partner’s staff to implement these projects through various approaches. Similarly s/he will assist the Project focal persons through contributing in project planning, monitoring, reporting and ensuring minimum standard of the intervention.
The position will be based in Dailekh. S/he will be responsible to overall technical support, management and quality assurance of projects running in the district with education, Child protection, health and livelihood themes. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring the smooth implementation of the project activities in respective district. S/he will liaise with thematic leads of the project (Education, Child protection, health and Livelihood) and be responsible for project planning, monitoring, and reporting and ensuring quality benchmark of the interventions. The position also support to District Project Officers, project coordinator- of adjoining district for quality implementation and meeting the project requirements.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Strategic Planning and implementation, Quality Assurance, Quality reporting and learning, Technical Support, Coordination, collaboration, representation are the major components of the responsibilities of this position:
- Support to Program Managers- by ensuring the partners implement the plan & budget as stipulated in the detail implementation plan and phased budget, and provide technical support.
- Coordinate with thematic team at Regional level for technical assistance to smooth & quality interventions.
- Ensure the beneficiaries track the monthly income and well document it.
- Support to partners and project team to ensure that minimum standard of the project are met and followed up the alert points raised by MEAL report
- Mentoring and backstopping of partners particularly in livelihoods, Education and Child protection components and ensure the interventions carried as per quality bench mark and project document.
- Work closely and support to district project officer of adjoining district for quality implementation.
Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation:
- Work closely with documentation officer to ensure that the partners provide analytical insights on project reports and produce high quality reports of the project
- Provide necessary information assistance to Sr. Project Coordinators/ project focal persons for quality project report
- Regular field visit and ensure the project implemented as quality benchmark.
- Occasional support the partners to document the innovative approaches, best practices, lesson learned, and case studies and shared at appropriate level
- Support to project coordinator to incorporate the key learning in upcoming plan and intervention
- Contribute in the preparation of best practices and project documentation documented
- Ensure the partners prepare and timely submission of OPMIS to SC
Coordination, Collaboration and Networking in the field:
- Maintain functional coordination and relation with district stakeholders and ensure SC’s visibility
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with partners and other supportive and like minded actors.
- Keep Program Manager abreast on the progress, challenges and way forward in the area responsible for
- Communicate SC and partners about proposed changes from partner’s side
- Carry out dual responsibility in case of big emergency as per organizational requirement
Occasional Significant Duties:
- Work in a team spirit in a coordinated way if other SC interventions also exist in the district and officials assigned
- Represent SC within district, regional, national and international forum as per need
- Work as a resource person with different external visitors.
- Participate in strategic planning process within the district and revision of activities going on with in the projectaand measure the financial progress and forcastion of the budget.
- Any other task given by supervisor
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions , managing resources efficiently, achieving and role model as Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for her/himself and team
- Takes responsibility for Him/her own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated and strategic in own areas of work.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with team, colleagues, Members and external partners and stakeholders
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener and easy to communicate
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions as community situation
- Willing to take disciplined risks in case of maternal and child health issues.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency in work
- Master in Management, Business Studies/Administration, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) or other Social Science
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible working experience in related field especially in economic opportunities, agriculture, employment creation, saving promotion, life skills and prevocational skill.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3 years of responsible, professional level experience in international NGOs/Donor agencies related to program management of education and livelihoods project along with partnership management. Experience working with government system will add value.
- Reliable, trust worthy and committed
- Basic skill on project management, partnership management and team work
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English and Nepali
- Experience in using business applications such as Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Coordination and interpersonal skills with local NGOs and district’s stakeholders specially government
- Ability to effectively present information (orally and for publication) to government officials.
- Proficiency in MS word, Excel, Power Points and other standard software
- Organizational, interpersonal /cross- cultural communication, and time management skills while working in a the district and communities,
- Good networking and communication abilities