Work Purpose: To provide operational and managerial leadership to the District team, and ensure program coordination between the relevant Sector Advisors and District programs.
- Support District Managers to ensure that implementation of Nepal Earthquake Response activities in the District is in line with approved grants and plans, and timelines
- Be the conduit between District Managers and Sector Managers to ensure that any issues with implementation are resolved
- Oversight of Grants being implemented and work with Programs and District Managers to ensure that projects close out on time and meet grant objectives
- Identify operational blockages affecting the Districts and proactively with internal WV functions to address these
Team Management & Performance Development
- Ensure District Managers are reporting according to the NER reporting system; providing timely and accurate details. Provide feedback on issues raised in reports and follow up with other WV functions as necessary
- Ascertain staff development needs and budget and coordinate staff training and development opportunities
- Undertake staff appraisal and performance management of staffs in line with their Job Description to ensure project timelines and quality are met.
Financial and Procurement Management/Policy adherence
- Support District Managers and Finance to ensure that District level financial spending is in line with budget
- Ensure WVNER procurement guideline, Emergency Procurement guideline, Global Supply Chain Management Manual and WVI Field Finance Manual fully followed
Documentation and Reporting
- Prepare monthly reports, and other reports as required, for the Response Operations, working with District staff as needed
- Document lessons learned to accompany the performance reports.
NGO partner(s) management
- Contribute to planning and implementation of NGO partner support and orientation to be rolled out in the Districts, together with Operations Manager and Public Engagement Unit
Networking & Advocacy
- Support District Managers to build relationships and negotiate for Operational space with District authorities, communities, I/NGOs, UN and other key stakeholders and ensure WVIN’s activities are closely coordinated with those of other agencies
- Attend any high level meetings with national and District authorities, I/NGOs, UN and other key stakeholders together with District Managers as requested
- Identify advocacy issues in the Districts that are impeding operations and escalate to the Advocacy team to develop advocacy strategies. Help to disseminate information about advocacy strategies to the Districts
- Work with Communications Team to develop key Response internal info for dissemination out to the field
- Act as focal point with Communications and Programs to support public relations functions in District offices
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
- Master’s degree preferably in Social Sciences, Management or relevant field with a minimum of five to eight years in humanitarian sector
- Demonstrates leadership, people management, coaching, mentoring, and team building skills
- Strong problem identification, analytical and solving skills
- Strong competency in proposal & report writing, monitoring and budgeting skills
- Demonstrates ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members in a cross-cultural environment
- Demonstrates cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina. Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Experience working with communities and local governments, INGOs, donors and other key internal and external stakeholders
- Must be willing and able to travel nationally up to 40% of the time and is expected to live in remote project locations for short periods
- Ability to maintain performance despite intense workload and work pace
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Committed to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send in their complete Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter by 10thApril 2016 before 17:00 hours to the address mentioned below. Candidates from respective districts and women are highly encouraged to apply.
World Vision International Nepal
People & Culture Department
Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.