The Country Director is the head in a chain of command in The Umbrella Foundation Nepal office. They have overall responsibility of the team in Nepal and must oversee the planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting of all TUF’s operation in Nepal, ensuring that the desired standards of care are upheld, while also ensuring that all international partners and donors are kept fully informed.
All aspects of financial management fall under the duties of the CD, as the primary role of TUF is a funding body to the local implementing NGO.
The CD is involved at the strategic decision-making level of the implementing NGO, in collaboration with the local programme director and staff.
- The Country Director reports to the Board of Directors of TUF Ireland.
- Full-time position based in Kathmandu, Nepal
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Strategic Project Development, Management & Implementation
- Oversee the planning, implementation and management of all activities undertaken to achieve the objectives set out in the prevailing Foundation strategy
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of all ‘departments’ of the Umbrella Organisation
- Nepal (UON), the local implementing NGO, including the Reintegration Program; Next Steps Youth and Education Program; Monitoring & Evaluation, and Finance and Admin Department
- Regularly visit project sites for operational implementation, monitoring and technical advice purposes
- Identify problems related to programs and take the initiative to solve them in a timely and sustainable manner.
- Actively seek out I/NGOs working in related fields, which it may be beneficial for TUF to partner with
- Assist with the planning of long-term strategies for TUF’s work in Nepal
- Seek out and develop new strategies for ensuring future resources and seek opportunities to expand and promote awareness of the organization’s work
- Always work in accordance with donors requirements and regulations, ensuring donors requirements are met at all times in both operations and reporting
Financial Planning & Management
- Design, monitor, and report on budgets on programs regularly and accurately, in accordance with TUF/N’s financial policies and procedures and the requirements of donors
- Ensure that the organization has the human, material and financial resources it needs to operate effectively
- Coordinate with the Finance and Admin Officer to prepare monthly financial reports for
- TUF Ireland management team and relevant stakeholders
- Build financial support for the organization by researching, identifying, and cultivating, new prospects, existing donors, and by supporting the Irish fundraising committee
Human resources and capacity building
- Coordinate, supervise, advise and evaluate all local implementing staff for whom TUF/N funds
- Participate in the screening and hiring of new staff and volunteers within appropriate and established guidelines
- Train and work closely with TUF/N staff and staff of local partners to better meet their responsibilities according to their individual needs. In some circumstances facilitate training
- from external agencies where necessary
- Act as a technical adviser for local partners, including directly advising their staff to support their program work.
Planning & Communication:
- Prepare annual work plans that detail project tasks, resource requirements, and timelines
- Prepare quarterly project reports for TUF Ireland Board of Directors
- Represent TUF Nepal at meetings with local government, donors and working partners
- Ensure that the Project Agreement between the Social Welfare Council, TUF and UON is followed and renewed
- Work collaboratively with all concerned stakeholders, providing regular and necessary information about programs to support other areas of TUF/N’s work such as communications, advocacy, policy development, fundraising, networking etc
- Represent TUF to other social agents with links within Nepal and identify and take part in cooperation strategic networks, groups and research and development forums;
- Guarantee the flow of internal information through adequate tools and channels for relevant stakeholders through reports, assessments, and evaluation
Please send your application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to Nepali citizens only.